Moonlight over Marlow Weir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonlight over Marlow Weir

A couple of shots from tonight. I am not a great user of tripods, but I had little option for these exposures:

Marlow Weir in moonlight by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

EXIF: 5Diii, 24-105mmL at 24mm, ISO 500, 30secs at f10.0

I cannot choose between these first two...

EXIF: 32mm, 25 secs at f10.0

And the last one:

EXIF: 47mm, 20 secs at f10.0

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Last edited by rcarca; 21-09-2013, 23:05.
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Moonlight over Marlow Weir

Great shots Richard

Comment

I like all three, but in the back of my head I hear the words from last night about the brightness of the tent in my 1940's re-enactment image and the words from the print final about turning the image upside down and look at what "hits you in the eye".
      I know the moon has been super bright the last couple of nights and this is what makes all three images but if possible maybe turn the brightness of the moon down just a tad.
      David

Comment

Thanks Dave

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
        I know the moon has been super bright the last couple of nights and this is what makes all three images but if possible maybe turn the brightness of the moon down just a tad.
        Thanks David. I have already pulled the highlights and whites to the left in LR5. I might have to try some spot healing!

R

Comment

Have you tried NIK Software?? If not well worth looking at. Now owned by Google and the cost has been drastically reduced.
          It is available for a free trial period.
          David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
            Have you tried NIK Software?? If not well worth looking at. Now owned by Google and the cost has been drastically reduced.
            It is available for a free trial period.
            I will have a look. I think the simple answer is that the moon is totally blown! Hey ho! But then I couldn't have taken them without the moon!

R
            Last edited by rcarca; 20-09-2013, 21:53.

Comment

They are all good, but to me the second one stands out.
              Thanks for sharing.
              Andy

Comment

I'd be over the moon if they where mine !!! I seriously would !!
                [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Very well done Richard.

Tom

Comment

Hi Richard, it was great to meet you at the club the other night.

I like all 3 shots here, Marlow weir is deffinately on my list of places to visit this autumn.
                    JASON

Comment

Richard, all lovely, great colours and I like both the dark/light distinction on opposite river banks and the detail of the weir fencing. I would be very happy with any single one of them. But my favourite would be the 1st if cropped like the 2nd. The reason for me is that I think the pub name distracts, and you could live without the last house on the left, but I prefer the moon reflection of the 1st without the stuff around it (I guess it is reflected moonlight in water ripples - but that's the problem, I can't really make sense of it and it pulls at my eye). Not a criticism, just a suggestion.
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Hi Richard;

It's #2 for me; it's the crisper image methinks, but you'd need to clone out what looks like a passing boat bottom right?????

As for the moon, the cheats way of doing it is to take two shots; one for the moon and one for the main image, and then blend them in post-processing

Cheers;

Lee
                        Cheers;
                        Lee
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                        5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                        17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                          Richard, all lovely, great colours and I like both the dark/light distinction on opposite river banks and the detail of the weir fencing. I would be very happy with any single one of them. But my favourite would be the 1st if cropped like the 2nd. The reason for me is that I think the pub name distracts, and you could live without the last house on the left, but I prefer the moon reflection of the 1st without the stuff around it (I guess it is reflected moonlight in water ripples - but that's the problem, I can't really make sense of it and it pulls at my eye). Not a criticism, just a suggestion.
                          Like this?:

2Y2A7078-10.jpg by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
                            Hi Richard;

It's #2 for me; it's the crisper image methinks, but you'd need to clone out what looks like a passing boat bottom right?????

As for the moon, the cheats way of doing it is to take two shots; one for the moon and one for the main image, and then blend them in post-processing

Cheers;

Lee
                            No passing boats at that time of night. I am slightly confused from where those extra reflections come from! I will have to go back on another similar night! Guess I will also have to try multiple exposures to do just what you are suggesting with the moon - humph!!!

R

Comment

Thanks Cyberman, Wayne and Tom!

Originally posted by jaymbee1 View Post
                              Hi Richard, it was great to meet you at the club the other night.

I like all 3 shots here, Marlow weir is deffinately on my list of places to visit this autumn.
                              Likewise - good to meet you! I have to start getting further round the weir. On the whole I have not been very adventurous!!!

Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X