1100D Viewfinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100D Viewfinder

On Thursday last I bought what was stated as a new and unused EOS 1100D from a local shop. The camera works fine, producing very sharp images, but as I never take photos using the screen, it is important thet the viewfinder works properly. The view finder gives a blurred image, and adjusting the dioptic scale seems to make no difference. There are bands of fuzziness across the viewfinder lens that make it almost impossible to make sure that the view is in focus. This all takes place in the area where the focusing points are perhaps etched or stuck to the viewfinder. I set the dioptic scale to the same position as it is on my EOS 300D, but this makes no difference. The EOS 300D viewfinder works fine.

Is this something that anyone else has experienced, and if so, is there a simple fix for it, or should I return it to the shop for a refund? The price seemed reasonable at the time of purchase (£300) and is comparable to prices available on the market as a whole for this camera.

Howard Walker

Re: 1100D Viewfinder

Can you use the the dioptic adjustment to bring the digits at the bottom of the viewfinder into focus?

If you can see these clearly then the problem may be with the lens. Can you try a different lens?
    Regards ,
    Norman

Comment

I tried my other lenses with no improvement. The digits are visible and clear.

Comment

Time to take it back to the shop and get it swapped or repaired under warranty.
        Regards ,
        Norman

Comment

Just what I did. Took it to the local main Canon agent and he said it had been assembled incorrectly at the factory, and had slipped through quality control. Bought a 700D instead, which works a treat.
          Thanks for your interest.
          Howard Walker

Comment

Good to hear you've got it sorted.
            Regards ,
            Norman

Comment

Working...
            X