Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dance

Think this shot would look great on a canvas. I'm pretty sure that there are a few young dancers out there that would be happy to see it on their wall.

Think I prefer the colour over the black and white. But only just by a touch.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Lovely shot Colin, and very effective, I also prefer the colour version.

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I have entered it into a camera club competition for next Tuesday and I agonised over the mono and colour versions. There were benefits to both, but on balance I came down on the side of the colour version.

I rather like entering non wildlife subjects, as most members expect a wildlife shot from me, so entering something different does tend to surprise them. Much will depend on the judges preferences, but I will let you know how it does (or doesn't.......... !).
        Colin

Comment

Superb photograph. I will happily sit on the fence on colour and mono. Maybe some split toning options to finish off the choices!

Richard
          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Both very fine shots and the tone of the Ballet Shoes in the 2nd one might just edge it for me. I can't make up my mind about the two shadows on the floor, yes they do add a bit of depth and also cover some of the marks (is it talc from the ballet shoes) on the Paper.

Doug.
            Cameras... 7D, 350D
            Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
            Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Good luck Colin; I wish I were more 'creative' in my thinking Nice work - as expected!

Cheers;

Lee
              Cheers;
              Lee
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
              17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

yes they do add a bit of depth and also cover some of the marks (is it talc from the ballet shoes) on the Paper.
                There were some creases in the background paper Doug. Careless rolling up on previous occasions.
                Colin

Comment

Really nice. I think I prefer the mono also. Is it purely B&W, or is there still I slight tint in the shoes? Can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me or not! I hope you do well in your comp Colin,

Garry
                  Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                  Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I second Peter (ST-EOS). I am sure many would like to see Colin's legs!!!!!!
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I am sure many would like to see Colin's legs!!!!!!
                      There was a time when that may have been true, but another decade has gone by since then.
                      Colin

Comment

This is for what i like this forum more than another-Humor, Raj
                        Raj
                        Flickr

Comment

Thats why I am here. Superb sense of humour
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                          X