Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BG-E5 Battery Grip - Rechareable AA batteries ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG-E5 Battery Grip - Rechareable AA batteries ?

I have a Canon BG-E5 Battery Grip for use on my 500D I am trying to find out if rechargeable AA batteries can safely be used instead of standard alkaline batteries. There are no warnings in the instruction leaflet saying you can’t. I would generally use NiMh+ type as they hold their charge a long time, so are a good choice for backup use.

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by MikeOates; 16-02-2010, 12:19. Reason: Spelling error in title

Re: BG-E5 Battery Grip - Rechargeable AA batteries ?

dont these take LP -E5 's ? only a fiver on 7 day shop. For backup AA's use the hybrios they hold the charge longer.

Comment

Yes they do take 2x LP-E5 batteries and I have spares of those as well, but it also has a holder to take 6x AAs which will be handy if I cannot charge the LP-E5s. I may find myself well away from power and use the camera for extended periods in the cold (Wildlife and astronomy, so long exposures), so batteries don't last as long, also what do you do if you leave the charger somewhere, or loose it. I just want to make sure that rechargable AAs are ok to use as a backup.

Someone must know the answer to this?

Mike

Comment

Not to worry, someone else has told me that it's fine to Rechargeable AAs.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X