Cross Polarisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Polarisation

Just thought it was a shame to see a forum empty, so thought id post these to get it started....
    Battery box

Mini fan

Salt mill

Thanks for looking
    Dean
    "What turns me on?......Armpits, Cognac truffles and Small brightly coloured birds"

Re: Cross Polarisation

Interesting.
    Could you share how you did these?
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Have a looksy here

Comment

Thanks Sinisterpictures, that just about sums it up. Apart from being fun to do and pretty, it does have a use. When plastic items are designed, a prototype can be viewed under cross polarisation to chech stress for possible weak areas. I work for a filter company so use this method a bit.
        Dean
        "What turns me on?......Armpits, Cognac truffles and Small brightly coloured birds"

Comment

Alternatively you can take a normal image and go wild with curves to get a "cross polarised look".

Here is the starting image and the curves used:

Dave

Comment

Here is my Cross Polarisation of a CD Case. No digital editing AT ALL! Polarise over lens and CD case blanced on 2nd polariser over the light source et voila! Full C&C welcomed as per usual...

Comment

Nice work Rob!
              Almost 3D holographic look.
              Dean

Comment

Cheers! It takes a while to balance everything using homemade kit but it was worth it! Looking at it on the forums the quality is not great but the RAW is lovely, all shiny and colourful...!

Comment

Working...
                X