Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photographic challenges

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
    All, hypothetical, of course. It's not going to win because it's a tad out of focus anyway having been taken in near dark, it was just a fun shot and happened to fit in. Better to be disqualified than lose ;-)
    You might win because my imagination has gone walkabout
    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
      Thinking about it, that makes my picture for the current one outside the rules, although as it happens it was taken the day before the competition was announced and with the intention of producing a shot which coincidentally fitted the brief. Do I get a bonus point by anticipating the challenge by a day?!

All, hypothetical, of course. It's not going to win because it's a tad out of focus anyway having been taken in near dark, it was just a fun shot and happened to fit in. Better to be disqualified than lose ;-)
      Since the photo was taken before the competition was announced, I am sure you will be allowed another try so that all entries are within the time frame set. Perhaps Millie and the winner of the last competition can give a decision on that.

I will be looking for hairy bikers on the I.O.W next week.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thinking about it, that makes my picture for the current one outside the rules
        Woolley you outlaw you !

I am not one of those obsessed by petty rules, it’s a democracy here!
        Anyone that doesn't like the current rules, is welcome say what they want changed, added, or omitted for the next challenge (3)

As I said earlier, the rules can evolve. It's early days.
        Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
          Anyone that doesn't like the current rules, is welcome say what they want changed, added, or omitted for the next challenge (3)

Millie
          Makes sense.
          I was told at an early age that rules are for the guidance of wise people and the obedience of fools.
          John

Comment

Re: Forum Challenge No 2 - 17th - 31st March. SYMMETRY - Perfect or Imperfect

Originally posted by X-ray-spex View Post
            Can one of the mods enlarge this somehow ......... am still not sure how to get up a full size image
            Hi Mark,

An attachment always shows up as a thumbnail, never the full size image.

To show a large image you can link to a photo hosted on another site, such as Flickr.

Andrew
            Andrew
            www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

I am not one of those obsessed by petty rules, it’s a democracy here!
              Anyone that doesn't like the current rules, is welcome say what they want changed, added, or omitted for the next challenge
              I agree with the original rules, even more so now I've read them properly! Images should be shot especially for the brief, I just got excited because I'd got something brand new that fitted. Ironically, if I'd seen the brief first, I'd probably have takent the same picture (but a little more carefully), but I hadn't and so it doesn't qualify.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Gibson View Post
                Hi Mark,

An attachment always shows up as a thumbnail, never the full size image.

To show a large image you can link to a photo hosted on another site, such as Flickr.

Andrew
                Have tried that and it keeps saying remote file is too large? it's only 800px on the longest side ..... do some settings need changing anywhere?
                Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by X-ray-spex View Post
                  Have tried that and it keeps saying remote file is too large? it's only 800px on the longest side ..... do some settings need changing anywhere?
                  Hi Mark,

I've changed a setting to accept larger photos so it should work now, as long as the longest side is no longer than 800px. Best to keep the files to 600px or less though otherwise they look too big on the page.

Andrew
                  Andrew
                  www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Gibson View Post
                    Hi Mark,

I've changed a setting to accept larger photos so it should work now, as long as the longest side is no longer than 800px. Best to keep the files to 600px or less though otherwise they look too big on the page.

Andrew
                    Still no joy ............ even says 500px image is too large ......... will log out and back in again, see if that helps maybe
                    Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Sorry you’re having these continued problems posting images MarkOne :-(

Should anyone else have problems with rules or how to post images, could you kindly post them in the thread below?
                      Feedback about the forum. This is the place to report any operational problems. Please give as much information as possible including web browser and operating system. Suggestions for improving the forum also welcome.

To the admins:
                      Would it be possible to move all posts that aren’t entries (including this one of mine) to the above thread?
                      Kindest regards,
                      Millie

Comment

Would it be possible to move all posts that aren’t entries (including this one of mine) to the above thread?
                        Kindest regards,
                        Millie
                        Hi Millie,

It's done.

Andrew
                        Andrew
                        www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                        X