Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alamy - Getting started and what to expect

Originally posted by glider64 View Post
    Me again, i only presently have 75 images on alamy and obviously don`t have plans to retire just yet , but i`ve noticed i have only had 7 looks ,is there a method to getting more views of my images? Harvey
    You need to add keywords to your images.
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by glider64 View Post
      Me again, i only presently have 75 images on alamy and obviously don`t have plans to retire just yet , but i`ve noticed i have only had 7 looks ,is there a method to getting more views of my images? Harvey
      When you start out on Alamy you get what's called an average CTR. A Click Through Rate. It determines how your images are placed amongst the rest of the pack. If you're shooting images that are similar to everyone else and have a low CTR then no amount of keywords are going to push that image to the top pages.

What will, is shooting images for the gaps in the market. I stay away from shooting images that have hundreds of thousands of results. I measures my CTR and I'm sitting on about the 6th page for most things in Glasgow. Not bad but could be better. I started to shoot for the images that only have about 100-1000 in the portfolio. That way, I have more of a chance of getting onto higher pages.

Also, you need about 100 images on there to get any kind of notice. I sold my first image not long after I got to 100. I'm not up to 1400 and it's still tough.

However, like Paul says, good keywording helps too, when the client is looking for more specific images.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Thanks guys, i do have keywords on the images ,but i have to up the images and shoot unique photos

Comment

Stick with it. I saw a tweet yesterday or the day before where a guy in Aberystwith has made $250k from Alamy! OK he's got thousands of images and been at it for ages but there is money there.
          TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Yeah Keith Morris is so switched on with it that over the 7 years he's been there he's managed to earn that much. Only has 21k images on there lol
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Well I just sold a picture. I guess it's time to give up work and retire on the income!!
              TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Nice one Wayne, well done
                Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Well done Wayne - what sort of image was it ?
                  James
                  James Boardman Woodend
                  www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Cheers. It was a close crop of some chops on a smoking bbq.

Comment

Excellent !
                      James
                      James Boardman Woodend
                      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

The strangest stuff sells on Alamy. My weirdest one was a pic of my heating boiler. Well done.
                        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                        X