Aperture v New Deal Photoshop & Lightroom 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aperture v New Deal Photoshop & Lightroom 5

Adobe have, what seems, a good Black Friday deal for Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5. As a confirmed Apple user I have always used Aperture for image filing and enhancement and been happyish with the results and have never bothered with Adobe products. I am about to get an EOS 5 mk3 to join my 60D and want to take my photography to a higher level. I shall be researching these Adobe products but would like to hear from those of you that use them:

If I use these products can I keep my Aperture filing system and just use them for image enhancement?

What is better about them over Aperture?

I understand that this would involve a steep learning curve and that is something I shall take into account but any advice you can give me will be gratefully received.

R
    Canon EOS 5D Mk3, 60D.
    Lenses: EF 24-105 L USM, EF 70-300IS USM, EF 100-400 L IS, ISM

Re: Aperture v New Deal Photoshop & Lightroom 5

When ever I use Lightroom on my PC in work, I import my files from where they are. You can choose to copy them to a new LR directory but that's a longer time to import. I currently just use iPhoto to import my pics from the camera then hit the edit button on the pics and it imports them to Lightroom. I had to specify that I wanted to use LR as an editor in iPhoto, however, because the folders in iPhoto library are protected, LR can't see them to do a straight forward import from LR. I'm sure there's a way a round it but this works for me at the moment.

I just signed up for that deal too.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Re: Aperture v New Deal Photoshop & Lightroom 5

I'm in a similar boat to you, Randolph.

I use Aperture, never used photoshop, and I haven't felt i'm missing out on anything or the need to change to anything yet, other than maybe adding Nik silver efex Pro stuff for B&W conversions. I've heard rumours of Aperture 4 on the horizon so I'm hanging on a bit longer before I make any decision.

Post processing is something I need to invest a bit of time into, and I also have Canon's DPP software sitting on my computer which I've never played with. Everything I'd heard online said it was a dog but some of the recent issues of EOS mag have made me wonder if I should try it out. No idea how i'd fit it into my workflow, though.
      Canon 5DMKII | Canon 550D | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 35 f/2 IS USM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | Speedlite 430EX II | 2x Yongnuo YN-622C | MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 | Lightroom 5 | Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod | Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400W | Flickr | 500px | Website

Comment

Working...
      X