December 2013: Close Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 2013: Close Up

OK - not sure how this has worked but for my first attempt I didnt think it was too bad so happy to receive feedback but here is another CloseUp.

Red Eye

Supposed to have been working from home today, but as I was suffering from a bad cold (man flu) at moment and in particular its all in the eyes I was sat here thinking what can I do - didnt want to brave the elements out there so decided to set up in my lounge and try a close up...of my eye (suffered badly from red eye here LOL). I did wonder how I was going to do this as no one else was in, so I set up my tripod, clicked my 1100D into place having added the Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro lens - wired it all up to my laptop (as I was trying to think how am I going to see to focus in on my eye) and switched to the lens macro mode and zoomed in.

This took me ages to work out and set up where I needed to sit - lining up with my line of vision whilst trying to glance down to manually focus via the laptop buttons but finally I got a couple of shots I was reasonably ok with which are below. I then spent another 90 minutes and many frames trying to achieve a close up shot of my eye with the Christmas tree reflecting in it (I was going to label it "Christmas through my eyes") but that failed abysmally because of lighting in the lounge, window etc and I ran out of time as had to go pick the wife up from work. If I get chance, I may try that one again but time is running out.

Anyway here are a couple of crops of one of my pictures.

ISO 100
    Focal 300mm (Macro mode)
    Av Priority: 5.6
    Tv: 1/5
    Manual focus
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

image.jpg
      1/15
      F2.8
      Iso1600
      35mm lens
      Canon I'd. Mk4
      Hand and breath held! Original looks sharper - had '10 goes' to get the sharpest photo- was really just passing the time of day!
      Somewhat unusual ornaments for an Xmas tree. For dr who fans - that isn't a weeping angel.

Comment

Originally posted by Smify View Post
        For dr who fans - that isn't a weeping angel.
        But i bet you didnt take your eyes off it....just in case..

Nice pic and as you say unusual ornaments - not sure my wife would let me have something like that on our tree - will have to try later this year.
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
        [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Oooh I like the Tardis and the Dalek. Gonna have to look for something like that.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X