Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steaming down for the night

Hi all

A few weeks ago Rob (HHCanon) and I went for a (mainly) evening shoot at the Bluebell Railway in Sussex. Rob already posted a few shots, and I have now processed mine!

Here's my favourite from the evening.

7D with EFs 15-85, tripod mounted. 25 seconds, f8, iso100. Processed in PSE9, LR5 then Silver EFEX Pro for the B&W, tint and frame.

Steaming down by mikep_eos, on Flickr

A little different to Rob's processing, but an almost identical starting point!

There was an interesting end to the evening! We stayed till nearly closing time, and were the last to leave, only to find my car locked in the overflow car park! Luckily, we managed to find the man with the keys, and whilst he's generally known as 'Grumpy Dave', he was actually not too grumpy, and came and unlocked the car park for us! Nice chap!

Anyway, WDYT? C&C welcome!

Mike
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Re: Steaming down for the night

Thats a top quality image Mike. Mine had more steam cos you were fumbling around for you're flash guns! I really like the processing on this and you have done an excellent job - its all sharp and all the important bits are illuminated.At least you don't have the steps like I did. I would be very happy with that. Now grumpy Dave and the locked car park is another story - I couldn't believe we were locked in - great! Thanks for you're company on another terrific meet. Keep taking pics like this and I will give up.
    Rob

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Very well done Mike. Love the processing.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Rob, Di and Tom for your comments.

Getting to grips now with Lightroom 5, and really impressed with it.

Mike
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

That's nicely done, Mike - love what you've done with the image.

TTFN,
            Neil
            Neilly's Flickr Page
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
            Facebook
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Good shot Mike, like the atmosphere created by the B&W and the steam.

Doug.
              Cameras... 7D, 350D
              Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
              Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Nicely done as the old lady simmers down for the night.

Comment

Looks good with the processing Mike

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Nicely done Mike, I like it and I think I would like it even more if you were to either crop off or really tone down the bright light and building on the far right hand edge as they keep dragging my eye away from the main subject.

Comment

Nice one Mike ...
                      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Thanks for your comments Neilly, Doug, George, Stan, Ian and Wayne, they are all appreciated.

@Ian - I know what you mean, and I think I'll try and tone down the bright spots, as I'd like to keep the reflection of the light on the tracks! Might have a look at cropping off completely though, whilst I'm playing! Thanks for the input.

Cheers, Mike.
                        flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X