Am I there yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I there yet?

Difficult to tell whether something is finished or not.

Have I pulled it off or is it still work in progress?

Colin

Re: Am I there yet?

That is looking good Colin, just wonder if the face needs to be a little less defined

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Stan. I still have the layered version up on the screen and reducing the opacity of the face doesn't work. I also tried increasing the contrast of the face and that didn't work either. Because of the original shot I had to copy the left hand side of her face, flip it and join it to the existing left to make the face symmetrical, so there was quite a lot of work even before I did the arty stuff.

I think one of the problems is that she is smiling - a more sultry look may work better. I think I should take a shot with this end result in mind maybe.

Here is the starting shot:

Last edited by colin C; 26-12-2013, 21:51.
      Colin

Comment

You have obviously done a lot of work already. My thinking was that at the moment you have the water splash and the face, not quite sure how you would achieve it but the two need to become one.

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          You have obviously done a lot of work already. My thinking was that at the moment you have the water splash and the face, not quite sure how you would achieve it but the two need to become one.

Stan
          What if you removed the neck and lowered the face so the chin sits almost in the same shape as the bigger part of the splash below it - the splash then becomes the neck?

Andy
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
          [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

What if you removed the neck
            You may have something there Andy. I think I may have been a bit mean with the splashes as well, which should cover Stan's suggestion. Mrs C "quite liked it", but no wow as yet.

I'll have a play and come back to you.
            Colin

Comment

This is great work Colin!

There is only a couple of things I would have a look at and that would be to make the face the same blue as the splashes and to make the face translucent?
              Chris
              Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

There is only a couple of things I would have a look at and that would be to make the face the same blue as the splashes and to make the face translucent?
                I needed the colours a little different for some separation, with the same colour it was too bland. Not sure how to make the face translucent ......... must look into that further. That may well be the answer if I can pull it off.
                Colin

Comment

Looks cool. Love the effect.
                  EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                    You may have something there Andy. I think I may have been a bit mean with the splashes as well, which should cover Stan's suggestion. Mrs C "quite liked it", but no wow as yet.

I'll have a play and come back to you.
                    That was also the first thing in my mind, remove the neck. The splashes will boost the face more out of the paper.
                    With kind regards,
                    Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

Is it possible to merge the edge of the face more with the background and the surrounding splash removing the outline of her face a little more. Not sure if that makes sense?
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X