Lens Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lens Cap

Brian: Where did you get that from, I want one!
    Colin: They are not available Brian. I made this one.
    Brian: Well, you have to make me one.
    Colin: Sorry Brian, I need to get some bits.
    Brian: How long will that take?
    Colin: A week, maybe 10 days.
    Brian: That's no good, I need it quicker than that.
    Colin: C'mon Brian, be sensible. Up to 30 seconds ago you didn't know such a thing existed, so there's no logic for any urgency.
    Brian: But now I do, so there is.
    Colin: OK. I'll see what I can do.

Bless. He is 77 years old and quite delightfully childish at times. I actually ordered 4 Canon vinyl decals. One for me, two for Brian and a spare. He wants one for his 400mm f4 DO, but hasn't thought about his 300mm f2.8 yet, which is why I ordered two for him. If he's a good boy, he can have them tomorrow.
    Colin

Comment

👍👍👍good planning Colin I'm sure he will be pleased
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
        ������good planning Colin I'm sure he will be pleased
        Yeah I bet he will ... is Brian on this forum Colin ?.
        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
          Yeah I bet he will ... is Brian on this forum Colin ?.
          He is a member, but not an active one ................ more of a lurker.

He says he likes to be kept aware of what bullshit I am writing and have an occasional laugh at my mediocre photos that I post.
          Colin

Comment

That's a really good idea Colin, and well executed... if only I had a lens big enough to warrant it!

Loved the 'chat' with Brian... made me laugh. Good luck with all the orders that will now be pouring in!

Mike
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Loved the 'chat' with Brian... made me laugh.
              You have met him a couple of times and know how amusing he can be.
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                With my new zoom, I thought I would rectify that problem and armed with my £1 lens cap, a can of £5 plastic spray paint and £2 Canon vinyl decals, I have lens cap MKII. At £8 not cheap, but much less expensive than Can's £200 version.
                £200, seriously Great piece of kit Colin! Well done
                Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

£200, seriously
                  Supply and demand and most people aren't ever likely to lose one.

The previous version used on MKI 500mm etc. were more encompassing and by its very nature even more useless as a lens cap and they were over £300. When he learn't that, my photography buddy Brian thought he could do better and a lot cheaper and toured the local £1 shops until he came up with lids that fitted.
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X