Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vamping it up

EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Re: vamping it up

Cool shot

Comment

Tom

Comment

Nice shot. Have you done this for anything in particular or just had the models in and thought "I'll do that today".

The only comment I would make and apologies as I know Im no expert and it may be intentional/angle or some reason but it looks like the "Vampire" has a lump on top of the forehead - it starts to curve to the hairline and then come out. (I hope I dont give the model a complex now sorry).
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
        [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Blimey ...
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Good work, really like the lighting and the extra vein detail.

Doug.
            Cameras... 7D, 350D
            Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
            Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

I like the idea, something a bit different. Have you considered a mono / sepia conversion?

Comment

An improved version here, played with a background today, added a gradient layer to try and create the illusion of moonlight coming through a window. I've also removed the bump from her head (how did I miss that?).

Adds some interesting detail to this photo manipulation. Brings out the viens more, makes the vamp look a little more scary (IMO).
                EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

Comment

Black and white version as requested :)

EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
                    Nice shot. Have you done this for anything in particular or just had the models in and thought "I'll do that today".
                    The model (LauraFDA on Purple Port playing the Vamp here) has worked with me before and wanted to get some shots for a hair audition and she brought a friend who wanted some basic head shots, once all that was in the can we decided to do some other stuff and this was one of those shots. It really was just a case of 'what do you fancy doing? oh I have this vampire dress...' and away we went.

Other stuff I have done with Laura (the fairy photo that is in another thread and the flaming woman) were planned out and we spent an afternoon getting the lighting right to make my life easier in photoshop. This vampire one was just for fun.

I did have fake blood on stand by, but the Livi (playing the victim here) was concerned about getting it on her dress, so I added the blood later in PShop.
                    EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Ekert View Post
                      An improved version here, played with a background today, added a gradient layer to try and create the illusion of moonlight coming through a window. I've also removed the bump from her head (how did I miss that?).

Adds some interesting detail to this photo manipulation. Brings out the viens more, makes the vamp look a little more scary (IMO).
                      This one does it for me
                      The mono version is missing something
                      Perhaps colour popping the blood would add more impact

Mike
                      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I agree the second colour version is the best of the bunch, the mono in this case doesn't work as well as the latest colour but worth the experiment.

Comment

I am very sorry, but i do not like this at all. Not my kind of photo
                          With kind regards,
                          Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

Looks like they were having fun. Very surprised that the blood is PP. Looks very "as is" if you know what I mean.
                            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                            Di's Flickr

Comment

I used a displacement map and the displace filter to map the blood to the curves of the throat.
                              EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

Working...
                              X