Dust inside my Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dust inside my Lens

Hi Everyone, was using my Canon EF 18-135mm lens earlier, checked the image and thinking it was lens flare or dust on the filter checked and could see dust inside the lens beneath the glass front! Not sure how it got in there as I use this lens for nearly all my work.
    Any ideas on how I can get the dust out? Or recommend any Canon Dealers in Central Scotland that could quote me a price for the work?
    Happy New Year everyone
    Cheers
    Dougie
    Dougie

Canon eos-7d, eos-350d. 18-135mm EFS f/4, Canon 50mm f/2.8, Canon 70-300mm f/5.6 USM, Tamron 90mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm f/4, Sigma 150-500mm f/5.6 DG OS HSM, Speedlite 430 EXll.

Re: Dust inside my Lens

Dougie,

As the lens is a zoom, and is not dust-proof, air is required and this brings dust in as you zoom.

It is best to have the lens serviced and the closest to you is AJ Johnstone in Glasgow.

Aw Ra Best for 2014
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

This happens with basically all lenses. You'll really never notice any effects from it though...
      Do you really need to clean the front of your camera lens before shooting to ensure maximum detail? The answer is no.

:-)
      John

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
        This happens with basically all lenses. You'll really never notice any effects from it though...
        Do you really need to clean the front of your camera lens before shooting to ensure maximum detail? The answer is no.

:-)
        John
        Some more than others.....but it really doest matter too much

Comment

The dust comes as standard, sometimes within a week of buying it. Nothing to worry about and doesn't show in the image.
          Colin

Comment

Hi Gents, thanks for your replies. Glasgow is the nearest to me. I'll look into a quote, in the meantime, I'll hope that it may move to the side of the lens out of the way.
            Cheers
            Dougie
            Dougie

Canon eos-7d, eos-350d. 18-135mm EFS f/4, Canon 50mm f/2.8, Canon 70-300mm f/5.6 USM, Tamron 90mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm f/4, Sigma 150-500mm f/5.6 DG OS HSM, Speedlite 430 EXll.

Comment

Working...
            X