The Photographers Eye, Michael Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Photographers Eye, Michael Freeman

I can thoroughly recommend the book 'The Photographers Eye' by Michael Freeman.
    Its a great look at composition and how to frame pictures, very inspiring.
    One of the key things it's shown me is when looking at something try different ways to frame the shot to achieve different compositions.
    He also gives good insight into how we read pictures and how our brain/eye views the images.
    Many photography books doubt do much for me, but this one has been very interesting and I frequently dip into it.
    Andy

Re: The Photographers Eye, Michael Freeman

Thanks for the suggestion Cyberman,

Tom

Comment

I too have this book; so seeing as I have just been out with my camera to capture some views of the town where I was born (there's a song in there somewhere) I think I will review the images and revisit Michaels book. Thanks for the reminder Cyberman
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

you can't beat a good inspiring read,

John

Comment

Don't know if anyone was aware but this book is actually the prime course reader for The Open College of the Arts first level photography degree course which is titled 'The Art of Photography'. There are other recommended books too but this is the one that should be read alongside the course material.

Comment

Working...
          X