Canon 700D Unable to view movies on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 700D Unable to view movies on TV

Just got this camera and have 2 major problems viewing movies on TV. No problem viewing on
    PC, but main reason for buying was so others can view on TV using USB stick. This camera uses the
    .mov file format and my Sony Bravia 4 year old TV does not recognise this. In order to view on TV
    I must first convert to .mpg file format then Ok, but to do this for every video is a real pain. I can
    view using the HDMI cable I brought, but then I have to be around 3 feet from the TV to operate the
    playback which is inconvenient, as there does not appear to be a remote playback facility. I have
    an RC-6 remote but I cannot get this to work playback in the comfort of my couch.

Maybe the latest Tv's accept the .mov format but not the older ones and I am surprised Canon
    have not allowed for this in the camera settings.

Anyway I can find a better way to solve this problem, or am I missing something.

Many thanks
    Tony
    Hemel Hempstead, Herts.

Re: Canon 700D Unable to view movies on TV

Hi Tony. I had a similar issue and bought a 3 metre HDMI to Mini HDMI cable similar to this one
    I have occasionally played rendered movies through the TV by plugging a USB Stick into the Laptop and connected an HDMI to HDMI (Laptop to TV) played back through the VLC player on the Laptop.

Doug.
    Cameras... 7D, 350D
    Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
    Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Re: Canon 700D Unable to view movies on TV

Thanks Doug

I already have one of these, and I really need double the size otherwise I have to be
      right in front of the TV. Unfortunately my PC is at the other end of my lounge/diner.

Also at some point you need to transfer files from the camera to an external
      device like a USB stick. I do this as permanent storage. The.mov file is much
      larger than a .mpg file.

It looks like I am going to be stuck with this restriction.

Tony

Comment

Working...
      X