Canon 24-70mm f2.8 II Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 24-70mm f2.8 II Lens

Dear All I am very much interested in purchasing a Canon 24-70mm f2.8 Lens. Now there are two versions to this lens. Would anyone have any opinion on buying this lens second hand. Also does anyone have any opinions if the there is much difference between the two lenses in performance because the first one I can get hold of for about £1,000 & the later version is almost double the price.

Thanks
    Kind regard
    Jag

Re: Canon 24-70mm f2.8 II Lens

Hello Jag

I run a 24 - 70mm MKI lens and it is a real rugged workhorse of a lens, delivering high quality shots across the range. The MKII is meant to be an improvement, but such is the quality of the existing model, I have found no reason to change.
    Colin

Comment

I'm with Colin on this one, I also have the Mark I version and don't feel the need to get the latest, at that price for me it's not worth the upgrade.

John

Comment

If you don't need the f/2.8, consider the f/4 version with IS, my initial use indicates good IQ and at reduced cost.
        Bob Turner
        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I'm very much with Colin and John on this, MK1 a peach of a lens.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
            I'm very much with Colin and John on this, MK1 a peach of a lens.
            + another 1 for the Mk.1.
            Quentin

Comment

This will be my next lens too. If you are willing to go grey import (I have for all my recent purchases) then you can pick up the mark 2 brand new for around £1200.
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Working...
              X