Who hasn't had a 503 this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hasn't had a 503 this week?

At nearly 3000 posts <<sorry, I meant 2000 views - typos both>> the answer to Stan's similarly named post is pretty clear - just about all of us have had the dreaded 503 message within the last week and yes, its annoying and no, we don't want Robert to cancel the forum because of it.

I've just been hit with it again after a trouble-free week and, as always, I've been able to overcome the problem by emailing myself with a copy of the failed post and then pasting it to the forum via the tapatalk app on my iPad.

So what? I found a way around the ongoing nuisance but that doesn't make it any less irritating and, from what I can read, not many others have taken up the suggestion either (perhaps it sounds too complicated?) so its clearly not going to solve Robert's problem.

Robert is understandably sensitive to suggestions that he change servers - it costs more. But it does seem like the logical solution given that none of us are experiencing a similar problem on other forums. So how are we going to persuade Robert to change?

My hopefully win/win suggestion is that members to this forum will agree as a condition to using the forum to waive any right to royalties from the EOS Magazine for photos posted.

Robert, I for one hereby waive my rights to royalties from EOS Magazine if you switch servers to one that works, and if you have particular needs for the magazine (as you regularly post on the forum), I suggest to others that we all treat that need as if it was a competition so as to raise the standard to what Robert needs and perhaps agree to keep the entries secret until after the magazine is published?

I don't know if that will work but I'm just trying to think out of the box for a new solution.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyMackie; 29-01-2014, 13:27.

Re: Who hasn't had a 503 this week?

There is a possible solution on the horizon, but it might not be available for a few months.

Many thanks for the offer of free photos, but I hope we can fund the increased cost in other ways.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

There seems to be a large number of users that have been hit with the 503 error. However what is really the true count of who and where, and when are they posting?

I for one up load to photobucket then post using only the [img][/img] tag portion and have never received the 503 error.

Also it appears that Tapatalk has once again been disabled. Is that because it is still being blamed for the 503?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
        Also it appears that Tapatalk has once again been disabled. Is that because it is still being blamed for the 503?

Tom
        I updated to the latest version of Tapatalk yesterday. I am in touch with Tapatalk and hope that the problem will soon be resolved.
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I'm fairly new here but have never had a 503.

I post images via Photobucket or Flickr and never use media such as Tapatalk.

I do wish that those who use Tapatalk would deselect the setting which adds all that info at the end of every one of their posts. It's tedious having to strip it all out when quoting in a reply.
          "The camera takes the photo, but the photographer makes it" - Ansell Adams, 1902-1984

Comment

Originally posted by RedRobin View Post
            I'm fairly new here but have never had a 503.

I post images via Photobucket or Flickr and never use media such as Tapatalk.

I do wish that those who use Tapatalk would deselect the setting which adds all that info at the end of every one of their posts. It's tedious having to strip it all out when quoting in a reply.
            I haven't seen the Tapatalk info in the posts, there must be setting somewhere?
            Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
            http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
            https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post
              ....Apologies if the Tapatalk signature hasn't been seen on this forum - I was possibly mixing it up with other forums I visit where its appearance is much more common.
              "The camera takes the photo, but the photographer makes it" - Ansell Adams, 1902-1984

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post

There is - and I have set it to 'off'.
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                  I updated to the latest version of Tapatalk yesterday. I am in touch with Tapatalk and hope that the problem will soon be resolved.

Tapatalk is active again. It seems that there is a propagation period after an update.
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMackie View Post
                    At nearly 3000 posts the answer to Stan's similarly named post is pretty clear - just about all of us have had the dreaded 503 message within the last week...Andy
                    Sorry I am late querying this, but where does the 3000 figure come from? As I write this, there have been 171 posts in the thread and 2200 views.
                    Robert
                    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                      Sorry I am late querying this, but where does the 3000 figure come from? As I write this, there have been 171 posts in the thread and 2200 views.
                      You're right, my bad(s) - clearly I meant views not posts and the 3000 was a typo for 2000. Still, a popular post, unfortunately
                      Glad to hear there's a possible fix on the horizon, Robert, even if a few months away.
                      Cheers
                      Andy

Comment

It has got me at last

For the first time, I am unable to upload an image from my PC.

I am greeted with a "Server Unavailable' message, although I can both read from, and post text to the 'Board'.

I guess my luck eventually ran out.

Dave
                        Dave

Comment

Tried again a hour later, and this time it uploaded fine

Dave
                          Dave

Comment

No luck for me tonight, can't post at all - unless this works!!

Comment

and another from me ,simply won't upload a photo

Comment

Working...
                              X