Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon EOS 70D review

Nice comprehensive review.

Regarding the lack of full manual the product I completely agree with Canon on this. I would think most DSLR users have computers these days, meaning they can read it on a screen which is much much easier IMO. Also there is the environmental impact of wasting more and more paper that most people don't read. Then there's the increased weight and packaging and the increased cost to be added to the final product bill. I'd much rather save the environment, get a cheaper camera and actually be able to read the manual (which I can on my tablet or computer) without a magnifying glass. Just my opinion of course :)
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Regarding the 70D / 6D debate all I can say is you will not be disappointed with the 6D. The IQ from it is amazing, it's full of features and very easy to use and handle. The 70D might tick more boxes for sports and wildlife but the 6D is still more than capable in this area.

I'm not going to try another crop camera after my 60D and 7D because now I'm used to the 6D I just find it hard to cope with the downturn in IQ and low light performance. If I want an amazing AF system and can't afford the 1DX then the 5D3 is the way to go for me.
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
        Nice comprehensive review.

Regarding the lack of full manual the product I completely agree with Canon on this. I would think most DSLR users have computers these days, meaning they can read it on a screen which is much much easier IMO. Also there is the environmental impact of wasting more and more paper that most people don't read. Then there's the increased weight and packaging and the increased cost to be added to the final product bill. I'd much rather save the environment, get a cheaper camera and actually be able to read the manual (which I can on my tablet or computer) without a magnifying glass. Just my opinion of course :)
        Personally I can't abide reading anything like a manual on screen. Give me a printed copy everytime where I can flick backward and forward to refer quickly to bit's I've previoulsy read.

Unfortunately you are right about the amount pf paper required, a freinds manual for his 7D is at least twice the thickness of my 40D manual - of course if the 7D wasn't so chuffin' complicated this wouldn't be the case...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
        X