Pineapple and Cashew Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pineapple and Cashew Chicken

For lunch today I had Pineapple and Cashew Chicken, the heat level was their hottest (Thai Hot). The presentation looked as good as it tasted.

Camera: EOS-M
    Lens: EF-M 18-55mm
    Aperture: f/11
    Shutter Speed: 1/40 sec
    ISO: 1250

No flash

Comments welcomed

Tom
    Last edited by tesarver; 08-02-2014, 01:36.

Re: Pineapple and Cashew Chicken

Interesting image, the colour focus on the food and slight motion of your wife (I guess?) eating makes it work for me.
    Andy

Comment

Tom, I've just had breakfast but you have made me hungry again
      Lovely image, well conceived and processed. And yes the moving spoon and fork are a really nice touch. Just one minor quibble - could you have straightened the front edge of the plate slightly?
      Canon EOS 7D
      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Cyberman and Alex. I probably should of straighten the plate before shooting, but I was hungry

Comment

Salivating now, nice image

Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan

Comment

The food looks delicious.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I'm on my way Tom ... just firing up one of the corporate BizJets ... that looks enticing and splendid. The photo's okay as well

Comment

Thanks Nat and MX5. What is your ETA MX5?

Comment

Colour pop works well tom but as for mixing chicken and pineapple - for me the chicken is for the main course and the fruit, the sweet but never on the same plate - Ok I'm boring

stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan, but it was very delicious. I ate the whole thing

Comment

My only comment about Thai food (after spending some time in Bangkok and Pattaya) is that it is chillie hot- they use either the green or red pepper paste in their food ( or perhaps I chose the wrong type of curry), with the pineapple to soften the palate & I struggled. My comment also covers even Sri Lankan food- never a patron of chillie hot food.
                        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I've never seen a rice volcano before, though I am partial to Thai food. Interesting PP Tom I do like to see your image processing👍
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                            My only comment about Thai food (after spending some time in Bangkok and Pattaya) is that it is chillie hot- they use either the green or red pepper paste in their food ( or perhaps I chose the wrong type of curry), with the pineapple to soften the palate & I struggled. My comment also covers even Sri Lankan food- never a patron of chillie hot food.
                            Thanks Nat. When I 1st went to Thailand in 1974 I was a young buck from Western Pa that used only salt to season food. While my home base was Ubon, Thailand, our comm group was stationed at a remote site in Warren, Thailand, thus we had to live off the local economy. It was there I learned how to eat their Papaya Salad filled with the Red and green dragon peppers. Since then, there has been no looking bad. The hotter, the better in my book

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                              I've never seen a rice volcano before, though I am partial to Thai food. Interesting PP Tom I do like to see your image processing��
                              Thanks Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X