Slideshow Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow Software

Anyone got suggestions for decent slideshow creation software? Doesn't have to be too fancy but I would like it to be able to incorporate fade transitions and pan and zoom facility and it must be able to export as an .exe file. Other than that I'm not too bothered at the moment.

I used to use FotoAngelo which came with ACDSee and this pretty much did the trick (except for the pan and zoom) but you could occasionally see a ghost of the previous image, so I haven't bothere to install it on the new PC.

Would also prefer it to be free as I don't want (too) much from it, but if there is decent pay for software that is good value for money and not too expensive, I'd consider it.

Thanks in advance
    Robert
    If cucumbers are meant to be cool, why do you rarely see any wearing sunglasses?
    Kit - Camera with bits to change on the front, flashy things, and other bits and bobs.

Re: Slideshow Software

The best one that I have found is ProShow Gold but it is a bit expensive (70$). It is the one I use after trying several others I think it is the best. There is a free trial that you can download. http://www.photodex.com/
    --
    Colin
    http://fotos-espana.com
    http://macameraclub.com
    http://turnspain.com

Comment

Create photo and video slideshows in WnSoft PTE AV Show (PicturesToExe Deluxe). Professional photo slideshow software. Output for PC, HD and 4K video, mobile devices.

Papa.

Comment

Thanks guys, saw these ones while I was looking about but hoping there might be something free out there as I only need limited functionality. Might have to see if the wife will increase my allowance this month!!!
        If cucumbers are meant to be cool, why do you rarely see any wearing sunglasses?
        Kit - Camera with bits to change on the front, flashy things, and other bits and bobs.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertT View Post
          Might have to see if the wife will increase my allowance this month!!!
          Ooooh ............. sounds far too risky to me!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

I'm sure the presentation application in Open Office and it's ilk would do what you want (Bit like Powerpoint but free).

Comment

Is there a Windows equivalent of ImageBrowser, which runs on Macs, on the Canon CD which came with your camera?

Comment

Haven't used the Canon stuff for a while, but I think it's called ZoomBrowser which might be the same thing??

Comment

I should say that the main thing is for it to be able to create a stand alone slideshow, either as as an exe, or I suppose something that would run in a browser, so that the end user doesn't need any software installed.

Comment

[QUOTE=RobertT;12488I should say that the main thing is for it to be able to create a stand alone slideshow......[/QUOTE]

If you use Lightroom, you can save a pdf file of your images which will then run as a slide show when you select full screen mode.

Martin

Comment

Hi Martin. Thanks for your thoughts on this and I have I looked at that option, but I've never managed to get the PDF to run as a slideshow, but I'll look at the fullscreen thing, however it probably requires the user to have acrobat reader and possibly to have to have additional input in order to to run it fullscreen, which I don't want then to have t do. It may help if I explain how I use it

I create a CD which autoruns and displays a browser window in full screen mode with no toolbars etc. There are links within that lets you view images as a web style gallery with thumbnail indexes that link to larger images. I also have a link to run the slideshow exe file which runs on top in full screen mode. My main gripe with what I have been using (FotoAngelo from ACDsee) is that after the transition, you can see a faint ghost of the previous image until the next transition starts. I believe Lightroom 3 will have a stand alone slideshow option, but not sure when I'll eventually upgrade after it's finally released.

Thanks again
                      Robert

Comment

Working...
                      X