Just got Photoshop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got Photoshop.

Glad I remembered this section - just got Photoshop. So far I've sat and stared at it and gone "urmmmm uh"

Is there away that I can have the little icons and text underneath them saying what they do, rather than having to scroll over them to see what they are meant to do... at least until I get used to it?

Di
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Just got Photoshop.

I don't think you can do this. I would recommend Adobe's Classroom in a Book, it's structured very well for learning the full range of Photoshop.
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

Di I did the same as you when I first installed PS but found that apart from the Adobe online videos there is a wealth of info on YouTube and that is where I get most on my help, but to answer your question I don't believe it is possible.

Comment

Take a screenshot, print it off, and write the descriptions on it, and sit it by your keyboard. Just a thought

John

Comment

I have just moved from Photoshop Essentials to Photoshop CC, and it is a bit of a learning curve for me.
          Last night whilst looking for something I found this handy image of all tools...

A useful overview of the tools, might help you a bit.
          Andy

Comment

Might invest in the book. Been using GNU so that as almost become second nature, forgot about Youtube for a moment, been on and found quite a few videos. Thanks for the mental reminder.

Also very handy site that. Thanks.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

When I first started using Photoshop, I think it was Photoshop 2 .............. not CS2, just 2. It came with a manual as thick as War and Peace and when I thought I was ready to start using "Layers", I read the chapter on layers. By the time I had finished the chapter, I knew much less about the subject than before I started.

The training books and videos available now are superb and quite easy to understand compared to then and I wish you well in your new adventure Di.
              Colin

Comment

One video tutorial down and millions to go by the looks of things. Done a border in photoshop. Will work on the water mark next.
                Attached Files
                Di's Flickr

Comment

A Watermark heh? That's more than I have ever managed!
                  Colin

Comment

Hi Di
                    I used Photoshop for years but still couldn't get my head around what it could do, I then when to my local college and did a level 1 coarse and eventually went on to do level 3 in Photoshop editing what an eye opener took all the guess work out of all those icons files and sub folders for the first time i now know what they can all do

Paul
                    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Hi Di
                      Well done on what you have done so far.
                      just out of curiosity, hows about starting a new thread here and telling everyone including me how you made the borders and saved as a brush.
                      It sounds a good idea.

Alan
                      Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Campbell View Post
                        Hi Di
                        Well done on what you have done so far.
                        just out of curiosity, hows about starting a new thread here and telling everyone including me how you made the borders and saved as a brush.
                        It sounds a good idea.

Alan
                        Not a bad idea, when I've had two or three goes so its set in my brain I will.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Thats what I aim to do. I have already made an advance booking on a PSE course at Deeside College, to start in the autumn.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Di, subscibe to Gavin Hoey on You Tube.......he's taught me everything I know
                            Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Nat.

Best of luck with the course. What I've found locally clashes with my work hours. I'll find something eventually but for now will rely on Youtube and books.

Phil, Thanks for that. Found him and book marked. Alas not had chance to do anything this weekend. Real life and work does seem to intrude.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X