Canon T-90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon T-90

Just bought a lovely T-90 body online, functioning perfectly and no scratches or damage. Looking forward to trying it and bringing back memories of 20 years ago - it's just a bit more difficult to get the film developed now!
    Gary
    www.garywhite-photography.com
    Gary White, MPhil
    Travel Photographer

Re: Canon T-90

Have fun with it. It's an amazing camera - the only thing I don't like about it is the terrible racket it makes.
    Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by nickorando View Post
      Have fun with it. It's an amazing camera - the only thing I don't like about it is the terrible racket it makes.
      Yes, I hammered two T-90s until the HELP 'EEEE' came up, I remember it well. This one seems good so far...

I have recently bought a 70-210, 28mm and 50mm for less than £80.

I even have some Provia slide film in the fridge!

Gary
      Gary White, MPhil
      Travel Photographer

Comment

Originally posted by Gary - Fulham View Post
        Just bought a lovely T-90 body online, functioning perfectly and no scratches or damage. Looking forward to trying it and bringing back memories of 20 years ago - it's just a bit more difficult to get the film developed now!
        Gary
        Great that you've joined the Film Fraternity Gary! :)
        If you find anywhere good/cheap to develop film, please let me know? I've found somewhere decent for D&P but the cost is a bit high? Shooting digital is SO much cheaper... lol
        1Ds II, 1D IIN, 1D II, 5D, 1V HS, 3, 14L II, 16-35L II, 24-70L, 35 f/2, 40 STM, 50L, 85L II, 100L Macro, 135L, 70-200L f/2.8 IS, 70-300​DO, 300L f/4, 1.4x II, 2x II, 580EX II, 430EX II, 270EX, MR-14EX

Comment

The lenses are ridiculously cheap these days - but then so are the bodies. Over the last few years, I've put together a fairly big FD kit with all 3 versions of the F-1, all the A series, all the T series, and a few others, mostly for peanuts (my F-1N was the dearest, but still absurdly cheap), and prime lenses from 24mm to 300mm, and a few zooms too. Got a few accessories too - flashes, drives and so on. Latest goody a couple of weeks back is the A series databack for a couple of quid.

Of them all, my favourites are the F-1N and A-1, with the other F-1s, T90 and FTb just behind - the FTb is particularly cheap, for some reason.
          Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

The T90 is - in my view - the best camera that Canon made in the film era. I still have mine - 4 AA batteries last forwever and the camera design was the benchmark for all cameras since then. Mine still has the 20-35mm L lens attached. This combination has been all round the world with me - including 3 trips to Everest Base Camp.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly200269 View Post
              Great that you've joined the Film Fraternity Gary! :)
              If you find anywhere good/cheap to develop film, please let me know? I've found somewhere decent for D&P but the cost is a bit high? Shooting digital is SO much cheaper... lol
              The Fuji Processing Lab in Leeds (actually a private company for the last 7 years, running the contract for Fuji) can still process E6 for £7. The sister company PhotoUK sells film. Fuji are terminating the contract from November 14 but the company vows to go on, as the Sensia process paid slide film is no more. I think E6 processing is not a problem, I just worry if Fuji stop making slide film. If Fuji stop making colour slide film, there aren't many options
              Gary
              Gary White, MPhil
              Travel Photographer

Comment

Hope you enjoy the T-90 ... I had one (replaced an A1) before briefly going over to darkside in the 90's. I seem to recall getting some rolls processed and scanned by Kodak in the 90's (PhotoCD?) as I had a CDi player back then.

Comment

I hung on to my T90, best film camera I ever had, until I eventually succumbed to the temptations of EOS and digital, which was not the typical DSLR route but one of the early Canon digitals, I think it was the Powershot Pro 1, which I still have.
                  I sold my T90 body some years ago, for not very much, and wish I still had it - however, I do still have the Canon EF body (NOT the EOS EFM), which was the immediate forerunner of the famed AE1, that was and is again a superb camera. I shall probably keep the EF 'for ever' for sentimental reasons.
                  Enjoy the T90 and keep us all informed.
                  Quentin

Comment

It is really easy to develope slide film yourself. If I can do it anyone can! Plus you have the opportunity to "up-rate" the film a stop and increase the developing by 30%. You do increase the grain a little but it gets you a shot which you might not otherwise have got!

Comment

The T90 has a tendency for the shuttr to stick because of the permanent magnets sticking together. The solution is with the camera on and shutter button pressed to bank the camera on a hard wooden surface. This can seperate the magnets. Then fire the shutter say 50 times. The error mesage goes (for shutter/mirrorr box failure) and the camera will be good for use. This problem is likely to occur after the camera has had a rough journey.

Comment

Working...
                      X