Flickr Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flickr Alternatives?

the way that Google spy on everything you do I wouldn't touch Google photos if they paid me too, plus like many other failed projects they have I wonder how much longer it will be around before they dump it

I've been meaning to look into 500px as a lot of friends use it and it does seem an upgrade on flickr
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      the way that Google spy on everything you do I wouldn't touch Google photos if they paid me too, plus like many other failed projects they have I wonder how much longer it will be around before they dump it
      You think they spy on you any more than Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, Verizon etc? And even if it does eventually get dumped, so what, who says all the others will be around, does Flickr's future look any safer?
      EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Originally posted by celtex View Post
        You think they spy on you any more than Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, Verizon etc? And even if it does eventually get dumped, so what, who says all the others will be around, does Flickr's future look any safer?
        yes I do - problem being Goog offers the tools people like to use so gives them more access, whilst Microsoft & Yahoo offer mail plus other accounts the bulk use Goog ...Its a tad like the UK search market thats now totally dominated by Goog with most sites getting 95-98% of there traffic from Goog, which is great all the time it likes your site, or until Amazon puts a lame product page up and kills your business
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Well I have a photobucket account, but I don't like to mention that.....................damn I just did. Not good in my humble opinion.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
          X