Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon EOS 7D

Originally posted by CanonEOS View Post
    Another fake "SanDisk" story on the web it was only to market the SanDisk company sales.
    Interesting comment, have a look on POTN

Comment

@Robert Scott

Now, now no need to be angry to me why I said it was another "fake story" is because I have read another story of 'Scandisk' been found with no damage after been in the sea. "Lost at sea, found in flash"

OK (IMHO) This can't be that true for a plastic CF flashcard to have NO damage after been in a fire it's an incredible story but someone had to write it or be the first, So now 'Scandisk' will be happy making the first flashcard that can stand up to fire and saltwater.

@Glenn

Like I said or should have said (IMO) thanks for the link to the incredible story.
      Last edited by Michael.K; 06-02-2011, 14:56.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

In My Opinion (IMO)

In My Humble Opinion (IMHO)

Are very useful get out of jail free cards, for when we firmly, or seriously believe something, but don't have irrefutable proof to back it up.

A lesson for the future perhaps?

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Thanks colin C

I have just edit my post, to tell you the truth I often seen the IMO and IMHO on some forums but did know what it means for now on I will use them.

Comment

@Glenn

Like I said or should have said (IMO) thanks for the link to the incredible story.
            lol, here's another one for you, CompactFlash card takes licking, keeps ticking,

Comment

No harm done and you are amongst friends.

I don't think anyone from Sandisk was logged-on, so we probably got away with it.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                No harm done and you are amongst friends.

I don't think anyone from Sandisk was logged-on, so we probably got away with it.

Colin
                ROFL.

I had a read of Lost at sea, found in flash and didn't realise that SanDisk has in the past produced industrial memory cards for use in aerospace projects and heavy industrial equipment.

Comment

@Glenn

Lets be friends and put an end to this, we are both going of topic with the OP.

Comment

@Glenn
                    Lets be friends and put an end to this...
                    TBH I wasn't getting at you, just thought you might be interested in another one about SanDisk cards, hence the Maybe I could have phrased it better.

@Glenn
                    ...we are both going of topic with the OP.
                    Agreed

Comment

CanonEOS( China)- not to worry as you live in China; otherwise Canon might have caught you. A good JOKE to me and well done. Don't let the humour & friends in this forum ever desert you. We, esp I, like a good Yarn,good joke, a leg pull!!!!!!! I had my leg pulled on 1st April 2010 in this forum!!!!!!!
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Sorry all but hate to discent - I had 3 7Ds, the first two went back within a week, the 3rd I persevered with to my eternal regret until I'd had enough. Problem for me was mushy images/poor IQ and I couldn't seem to get round the problem - it seemed to me as though there were too many pixels crammed onto the small sensor. Some may say it's user or lens error but with a selection of great L series glass which I've successfully used on the 5D, 40D and 1D mk3 I tend to blame the camera!! Personal opinion - shoot me down for this - is that APS-C IQ was at its peak on the 40D, a camera I loved and would probably still have if I hadn't successfully proven while pursuing that otter shot that DSLRs and saltwater don't make for a happy union!

Comment

I have owned and used my 7D almost daily October 2009. I agree that it has too many pixels, but for my wildlife photography it works brilliantly up to ISO800. Just look around the web and you will find many examples of outstanding images taken with this camera.
                          Last edited by Ron Lander; 27-08-2011, 14:40.
                          Ron

www.severnvalephoto.co.uk

Cameras: 5D, 7D, 1DmkIV, G1X.
                          Lenses: 16-35 F2.8 L, 24-105 F4 LIS, 70-300 LIS, 180 L macro, 200 F2.8 L, 400 F2.8 LIS mkII.

Comment

Indeed Ron and that's why I got so frustrated - made me think I was a bad photographer and I'm not (or at least I think I'm not!)!!

Comment

I agree that the search for pixels was not necessarily the best decision, but I think you're maligning a very good camera. I tend to keep mine on MRAW and it doesn't seem to suffer the noise and image problems that many speak of, but then again I've also persevered with learning to use it. It's a tricky piece of equipment, not at all easy to use, but very effective once you've got the hang of it.
                              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

I use RAW all the time and I am not knocking the 7D. Its less than a third of the price of the 1D MKIV so is tremendous value really. The only reason for me to buy a 1d would be for the better performance at >800ISO. I'll give MRAW a go.
                                Ron

www.severnvalephoto.co.uk

Cameras: 5D, 7D, 1DmkIV, G1X.
                                Lenses: 16-35 F2.8 L, 24-105 F4 LIS, 70-300 LIS, 180 L macro, 200 F2.8 L, 400 F2.8 LIS mkII.

Comment

Working...
                                X