MPB advertEOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoying film

Default Re: Enjoying film

When I shot tranny I used Peter Gafney in Birmingham for processing. I understand they have been taken over by AG Photo Lab. You can see their details at http://www.ag-photolab.co.uk/contact-us-2-w.asp.

David

I guess like a lot of others on here I have used film for more years than I care to think about. I now own a couple of DSLRs as well as A G11 compact. As a go to system I will always go for one of the digital cameras but I still enjoy going out with a film camera and as the price of FD mount cameras has dropped like a stone I was able, last year, to buy a Canon F1 which I could never have justified the cost of even 10 years ago. Colour print film is still processed on the High Street in many places so I can take pictures in the morning and have them back by evening and still at a relatively low cost. I don't think I'll ever build another darkroom though, it will be commercial processing for B&W from now on.

Dave

Have enjoyed my newly purchased F1 and recently got a fine FD breechlock 50 mm f1.4 ssc lens too
    www.garywhite-photography.com
    Gary White, MPhil
    Travel Photographer

If you are after a cheaper way of doing it:
    Poundland agfa 200 (sometimes agfa 100) 1 for 24 exposure roll
    Asda develop 2 per film and scan to CD up to 3 films for 1.

Scan quality isn't anything special but it means you can buy three films have them developed and scanned to CD for 10.

hey y'all

all this talk about film has got me back into my kits
    i realize i did sell an f3 to obtain a digital nikon camera and lens my first d-90 and 10mm fisheye

i however, didn't realize that my sb17 flash head and cable extention are now obsolete without that camera?

is this correct? or can i get an adaptor to hotshoe to use this flash in manual mode....?

thanks for any advice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oops i wrote this in a canon group by mistake.....doh! im canon now with 6D

but shoot bronica 120/220 and n70 nikon 35mm
    no old canon cameras hmmmm......that makes me wonder
    what would be comparison to the olf nikon f3 that ran on watch battery
    i think or maybe any manual camera that is canon that you could use in the desert....without needing to worry about charging batteries?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closest pre EOS Canon to the Nikon F3 would be the Canon F1 or more probably the New F1 (aka F1n) - there's a handy resource here if you want to read about it.

Note that pre-EOS film cameras use a different mount. The older cameras use either the FD mount or if they're really old the FL mount - FL lenses will fit FD mount cameras but not vice-versa and neither will fit the EF mount used in the EOS series.

EOS film cameras use the same mount as your 6D so no mounting issues but like the 6D they are battery dependent - no battery, no pix...

I had an F70 once - really didn't like it at all...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

I used the F1 professionally for years and it as to be my most favourite cameras of all time. Got one in the loft of the house somewhere. Made to last a lifetime of use and abuse. Enjoy film there is something magical still in the chemistry of film. The nostalgia of it all comes flooding back lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12