Why has flickr changed again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why has flickr changed again

Just noticed that flickr has changed the way you need to post again.
    I was just getting used to using the PIN for posting now this does not work.
    You now have to copy paste the BB Code again

Alan
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: Why has flickr changed again

because they can ,probably responding to the uproar over the pin method

Comment

[ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Plus adverts
        www.markwalkerphotography.co.uk

Comment

The French site has the old configuration - maybe 2 or 3 ones ago, and is much easier! The french is pretty self explanatory!!!

Comment

it seems they are changing it yet again ,my lad has yet another version on his i-mac with the comments underneath again .yet on my i-mac in the same house i have the side bar version still .
            according to my lad the latest version is far better and akin to the 500 pixels one .

Comment

New day new flickr arrangement. It could be better but I'll probably never have time to find out before they change it again. It seems to me they don't have a vision of what they want it to look like so they are constantly tweaking ... which is OK if the changes made are going in a consistent direction but all this change for change sake is just a pain in the digital artefacts. Having said that it offers me a lot of functionality that I would otherwise have to pay for on some of the other sites ... so I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Jeff - just my take but I don't think it is as clean and un-cluttered as the 500px interface which I think is a model of how to present images.
              Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Now seems to have changed on my I.pad but not my I.mac ,weird progression .

Comment

Working...
                X