Lightroom Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom Question

Is anyone else using LR and PS from the Creative Cloud on more than one computer? Id so, can you tell me how you can access the same catalog(ue) from both computers? At the moment I run LR (mainly, PS less) from two laptops depending on whether I am working from home or abroad (a MacBook Pro 15" screen and an MacBook Air - which is a LOT lighter!) but I am running two catalogs. Is is possible to run the same one, and how would you access files - most of which are currently on separate hard disks anyway - but which maybe should be in the Cloud with CC.

Any thoughts on workarounds for this gratefully received!

Incidentally, I am sure all those hanging on to see whether CC Photo would be increasing in price will be pleased to have seen the announcement of a permanent photographer subscription!

Thanks

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Lightroom Question

The easiest way is to store your catalogue in the cloud (Dropbox for instance), and then use that from each machine. So long as you set LR to produce reasonably sized previews you can work on the catalogue versions of the files perfectly well, and the changes will be applied back to your original images when you use the main machine (with the original images on its HDD).

I've seen a tutorial on using just this setup, but can't recall where!

You can also Sync to the Adobe Cloud (did you know that whilst early adopters of the $9.99 Photographers Bundle get 20Gb cloud storage, new ones get a measly 2Gb?) though I've not tried this method yet other than a quick look-see with my iPad.
    Last edited by S_J_P; 20-06-2014, 17:58.
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Re: Lightroom Question

you could also use a usb hdd
      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
      X