Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caledonian MacBrayne (some samples of the fleet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caledonian MacBrayne (some samples of the fleet)

I didn't know until last week that CalMac was state owned (Scottish Government) ... anyway here are some of the fleet.

1. MV Loch Fyne

2. MV Eigg

3. MV Hebridean Princess

4. MV Raasay

5. MV Loch Linnhe

6. MV Isle of Mull

7. MV Lord of the Isles

8. Oban Harbour from McCaigs Tower

The ship moored in the middle is Swan Hellenic's MV Minerva (off to Liverpool in the morning). MV Isle of Mull is at the jetty.

9. Oban Harbour from Pulpit Tower

MV Isle of Mull and MV Clansman at Jetty. Didn't note the one in the middle (sorry).

10. Red Ensign

Thanks for looking.

Re: Caledonian MacBrayne (some samples of the fleet)

All a very nice set MX5.

Tom

Comment

Nice set MX5 !
      BTW the Hebridean Princess is a private cruise ship but did once serve in the Calmac fleet .
      Looking forward to my own little Calmac adventure this weekend when we head off to Islay for our 2 week summer Holiday , it'll be either the Finlaggan or the Hebridean Isles for our crossing , looking forward to the Calmac Breakfast early on Saturday Morn !
      Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Comment

Very nice. I took three ferries when I was in Scotland last month but only one was a CalMac.
        A surprise to me too that CalMac are state owned - I thought they just received a big subsidy to keep the lesser used routes open.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Nice set, particularly like the harbour shots.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Great set MX5 enjoyed seeing those.
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I looked up MV Hebridean Princess (Nee RMS then MV Columba). I should have guessed as it's hull was lacking the company name (unlike the others). Didn't know it was the ship Mrs Queen hired in 2006 for a soirée around the isles.

Comment

Working...
              X