Continuous Ink System (CIS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuous Ink System (CIS)

I do all my own printing on an Epson R3000 and I am thinking of going over to a CIS. The one I am looking at is the
    Permajet ECO-FLO system for the R3000. Has anyone out there had any experience of this system that can give me some advice.

Re: Continuous Ink System (CIS)

Our Art Dept used it on the very same printer for a couple of years, and they used more ink cleaning the heads than they did ever print. Epson don't support it either if anything goes wrong. The Art dept decided to ditch it because the ink ended costing a fortune too.

I reckon in hindsight if it's getting used all the time then it's fine, but don't leave it lying too long as the heads dry up like mad. I think that's just Epson printers in general though.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Our art dept also tried CIS with some HP printers. They spent lot of time head cleaning and the system even dumped load of ink onto desk a couple of times. They abandoned after couple of terms.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I have a canon MG 6250 with a CIS system fitted (fotorite) works ok but as the guys said you have to keep using it or it will dry up. I just usually print a nozzle check once a week
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I tried one in my HP and could never get it to work reliably. It went in the bin.
          --
          Colin
          http://fotos-espana.com
          http://macameraclub.com
          http://turnspain.com

Comment

I have used the permajet system on my R3000 for two years now and have had no problems. They have just brought out a new system that means you do not have to reset the cartridges and it is on offer for £189 with a full set of inks and a pack of A3 paper. I ordered the new system as it was cheaper than a set of inks for the old one. There technical support is excellent when one of the cartridges failed they just sent a new one at no charge.

Regards

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Warrenden View Post
              I have used the permajet system on my R3000 for two years now and have had no problems. They have just brought out a new system that means you do not have to reset the cartridges and it is on offer for £189 with a full set of inks and a pack of A3 paper. I ordered the new system as it was cheaper than a set of inks for the old one. There technical support is excellent when one of the cartridges failed they just sent a new one at no charge.

Regards

Phil
              You summed them up a treat Phil.

I installed myself the continuos flow system from Permajet for the Epsom R2400 about three years ago and I can't fault the after sales from the company, nothing is to much trouble? Not that I have had any serious ones, the custom profiles work exactly as they should too and they free if you use their paper which I do. From memory I think the system cost around £270, and for that in real terms you get about £1000 pounds worth of ink compared to Epson prices.
              I personally would never go back to cartridges again.

Papa.

Comment

I also use the Permajet System on my R3000 and have since the printer was released, I had one ink cartridge fail and they replaced it immediately via FedEx at no cost, great service and from my point of view it has saved me a lot of money and worked well.

Comment

Working...
                X