Software opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Software opinions please

I get what your saying mate but I need to make sure it'll work on the laptop before I buy it, when I said "old computer" it was just a figure of speech, it's not a bad computer it's quite a good spec but the laptop would be better for me as we go to our caravan quite a lot and I'd like to use it there, I do most of my photography there too, just seems the more logical thing if it's good enough.

Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by SheffSean View Post
      I get what your saying mate but I need to make sure it'll work on the laptop before I buy it .
      thats why I said try the free download - it will cost you nothing and you can play around for 30 days ;o)
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

You can install Adobe on 2 computers but you caonly use it on 1 computer at any given time for example I have it on my desktop and also on my laptop
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          thats why I said try the free download - it will cost you nothing and you can play around for 30 days ;o)
          I'll have to ask my son if that's ok, he'll not be happy if he has to delete he's stuff off the laptop only to find it don't work, I totally agree with you though, if I can't get to grips with the free one month download then there's no hope for me.

Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
            You can install Adobe on 2 computers but you caonly use it on 1 computer at any given time for example I have it on my desktop and also on my laptop
            That's what I assumed as well, but it's not the case , right now I,ve got it running on two iMacs

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

well I read it on the adobe forums
              Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

well I read it on the adobe forums
                I can only tell you whats happening right in front of me, its running on two machines

Comment

I'll be happy if it works on the laptop primarily but if it works on both I'll be over the moon.

Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by SheffSean View Post
                    I'll be happy if it works on the laptop primarily but if it works on both I'll be over the moon.

Sean.
                    I never like to contradict someone but I'm working on LR and my wife is also on her Imac ...it does work under one license

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                      I never like to contradict someone but I'm working on LR and my wife is also on her Imac ...it does work under one license
                      I never said it couldn't be run on 2 machines at the same time as I have had it running on my laptop and on the desktop All I was pointing out was what the Adobe people on the forums were saying. If you get a copy the right software then you can run it on as many machines as you like but it wont be legal.
                      Alex

Comment

If you get a copy the right software then you can run it on as many machines as you like but it wont be legal.
                        I always assumed the license was to use it was on machines you own? up to a limit.. I use other Adobe software like Dreamweaver & Fireworks and that applies to those as well ..

. but I don't want to fall out over it

Comment

I certainly remember the install on two computers condition, that applies to Photoshop and Lightroom.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Software License Agreement
                          "Portable or Home Computer Use. The primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer."

The "End-user license agreements" FAQ is similar-ish:

"If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user or volume license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.
                          No more than one user can use a single-user license Adobe product."

Comment

Sorry for the late reply fellas, thanks for your help and advice on this post, I'm going to see if I can get the software second hand if not I'll have to wait a little while longer, been watching a lot of Gavin Hoey and other peoples videos on YouTube so plenty of easy to follow stuff, thanks again..

Sean.

Comment

Working...
                            X