Flickr problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr problems

Has any member encountered problems in uploading to their Flickr site? I am unable to upload any pics from my holiday internet set up although I am only in and out of Downtown Abbey, Ampleforth, Yorkshire.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Flickr problems

I uploaded a picture yesterday Nat, without any problem.

Dave
    Dave

Comment

I can now upload to flickr but finding it difficult to post. I copy and paste as before but when I post the picture doesn't appear. Getting quite fed up with all this.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Sorry to hear that - I had no problem this afternoon
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Hi Nat I had this very problem for the past couple of weeks but then it just went away again, no idea what caused the problem

Comment

thanks Ian. Good to hear that I am not the only one. Today I was able to upload and post a very few pics on the forum but then I couldn't post the rest of the pics.

Comment

I had difficulty in uploading to flickr yesterday using IE but uploading using Chrome was no problem

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                I had difficulty in uploading to flickr yesterday using IE but uploading using Chrome was no problem

Stan
                Ah, I use Chrome so perhaps that's why I didn't experience the problem.

Dave
                Dave

Comment

I can now upload to flickr but have trouble when I copy and paste on to forum. Sometimes the picture appears and at other times, I just get the blurb i.e URL/http etc etc on the forum post. I am now trying to use flickr to post my images as I get the photos in full resolution etc without any degradation in IQ- something I always experienced using photobucket and intermittently when using Imageshack. Are you suggesting that I use Chrome or Firefox to both upload into flickr and then to post on to the forum?

Comment

It may seem daft but the way I got round the problem the other day was to use Firefox to load images into Flickr copy the code and then enter details Ito this forum via IE, I haven't posted any images over the past few days but that is how I would do it. Certainly some of the browsers work better with some applications than others.

Comment

Thanks Ian. I have got Chrome and Firefox and I will try them.

Comment

Nat before you upload a image to Flickr you need to resize it to either 1024 pixels or 2048 pixels on the longest edge ,this will stop Flickr from resizing your image ,then when you download /copy and paste to the forum you need to select 1024 pixels as your default download size .this should clear your problems ,you really need that lesson session LOL

Comment

Interesting point about the 1024 pixel length - I know you intended this for Nat but I will also keep that in mind for the future
                          James
                          James Boardman Woodend
                          www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Jeff, We will catch up on this when I next see you. Interesting point anyway.

Comment

Thought I might let the members know that I am still having problems when I copy and paste to this site- it seems to work OK at times and at other times, when I paste ,it doesn't bring up the pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X