Challenge 91 - A Partial Glimpse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge 91 - A Partial Glimpse

Well done Paul great shot, and every one else.

Thanks Alex for the competition.

As you asked, - you were pretty close, the whole pic is my Daughter's reflection in a shop window in Bath - you have to look very closely to the lower left hand side, in the reflection, you can just about see the figurine with the outstretched hand and flowers - I did not see this until I made the partial crop

Ian

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oGCC2B]
    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Cool. First time I've won :)

Well done to everyone who entered. Some great images get posted on this forum, even if I don't enter I always pop by to take a look. It's always worth it.

So, I pick a subject now? Any restrictions? And when should I put the next deadline?

Oh and with regards to the focus, I use AI Servo and the camera is setup to use Back-Button focusing.
      EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Ekert View Post
        Cool. First time I've won :)

Well done to everyone who entered. Some great images get posted on this forum, even if I don't enter I always pop by to take a look. It's always worth it.

So, I pick a subject now? Any restrictions? And when should I put the next deadline?

Oh and with regards to the focus, I use AI Servo and the camera is setup to use Back-Button focusing.
        Paul, yup, well done. As I said, it's a great shot.
        There are no restrictions on the subject, we have had all sorts; have a browse back through the forum if that helps. Just make it something that a wide variety of forum members could enter (so not requiring really unusual software or equipment). I would suggest that you copy and paste the rules from the previous Challenge into your first post of the new thread. Generally they run for around two weeks from when you set, give or take a couple of days if you want to give people an extra weekend or you know that you won't be around to judge.
        All that I would ask as a judge (although you don't have to) is to provide a few words on each submitted image as people generally like the feedback.
        Get your thinking cap on and good luck.
        Canon EOS 7D
        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Congratulations Paul. Great shot.

Alex - great competition! Thanks for comments and feedback.

Ian - great shot of your daughter showing the full composition. Lovely reflection. My daughters of a similar age are very wary of the camera!!!

Richard
          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
          X