Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King Edward II - but which one... if any !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: King Edward II - but which one... if any !

Nicely composed. Another vote for colour here.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Have a try at Partial Desaturation ? Duplicate the Layer and switch it off Now make a black and white copy of layer 1 switch back on the middle layer Change the blending mode to Color then reduce the opacity off the top layer for effect ???

Ian Pingdriver1952

Comment

Originally posted by Pingdriver1952 View Post
        Duplicate the Layer and switch it off

Ian Pingdriver1952
        How do you switch it off Ian ?
        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

4,1,2,3 for me

Mike
          www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Pingdriver1952 View Post
            Have a try at Partial Desaturation ? Duplicate the Layer and switch it off Now make a black and white copy of layer 1 switch back on the middle layer Change the blending mode to Color then reduce the opacity off the top layer for effect ???

Ian Pingdriver1952
            Hello Ian;

That's not a process I've come across before... here's my first attempt...

I can see that there might be a use for this, but I'm not convinced in this case; on the one hand, it doesn't seem to me to be one thing or the other, but on the other... it does have a certain attraction!!!!!

What do you think?

Cheers;

Lee
            Last edited by EOS_User; 05-08-2014, 15:15.
            Cheers;
            Lee
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
              How do you switch it off Ian ?
              Hi Wayne;

To the left of the layer is an 'eye' icon; just click on that to switch the layer on/off... you can do that for all layers; so when you're making adjustments you can switch them on/off to see a quick-flick change. I use it all the time because some adjustments are quite subtle, and when you're making them it's not always easy to see the change without doing the before/after quick-flick...

Cheers;

Lee
              Cheers;
              Lee
              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
              17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Just my opinion but I think that is dammed excellent !
                James
                James Boardman Woodend
                www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Peter/Alex/Mike; many thanks... the Selenium version is clearly the least popular, and yet it's a process I use regularly... perhaps that's where I'm going wrong!!!!! In my thinking, it just gives a little more pop to a regular B/W monochrome, but perhaps it just doesn't work with this one...

I'm still on the fence

Cheers;

Lee
                  Cheers;
                  Lee
                  5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
                    Just my opinion but I think that is dammed excellent !
                    James
                    Well, I like your opinion - a lot

Thanks James...

Cheers...

Lee
                    Cheers;
                    Lee
                    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

Argh I do that too Lee. Sorry I did'nt understand what you was getting at. Got it now ...
                      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Second shot ,with perhaps a tad more contrast added for effect ,the colour one is totally wrong as GWR engines were either run in g.w.green livery for the engines and chocolate and cream for the carriages ,upon changing to BR it was either a very dark green or black .

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                          Second shot ,with perhaps a tad more contrast added for effect ,the colour one is totally wrong as GWR engines were either run in g.w.green livery for the engines and chocolate and cream for the carriages ,upon changing to BR it was either a very dark green or black .
                          I believe the Kings were run in this colour-scheme very early fifties... unusual yes, but still a GWR 'official' scheme.

Cheers;

Lee
                          Cheers;
                          Lee
                          5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
                            Argh I do that too Lee. Sorry I did'nt understand what you was getting at. Got it now ...
                            Hi Wayne; brain fade happens... frequently for me these days...

One thing I did realise in doing this is that there's actually no need to turn-off the interim layer; it doesn't make any difference...

Cheers...

Lee
                            Cheers;
                            Lee
                            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

I like both the colour and sepia tint equally.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                                I like both the colour and sepia tint equally.
                                Thanks Nat... Cheers... Lee
                                Cheers;
                                Lee
                                5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X

Comment

Working...
                                X