SWIFT in flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWIFT in flight

Was just happy to get some sort of shot of one of these non-stop flying machines.

7D, 300lf4 + 1.4x. f6.3 1/3200 th. cropped. Waving my camera around like a looney!

WDYT & any comments welcome

hugh
    Last edited by hughbie; 08-05-2010, 14:45. Reason: typo

Re: SWIFT in flight

It has come out nicely - what iso?
    ef-r

Comment

iso 400
      Regards
      Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
      7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
      24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

It's bloody hard to get one of these ......... I think you have done well here ........ looks like a big crop though as we are starting to see some noise ...... have you run it through "neat image" or similar? May help
        Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

LOL, I can imagine your gyrations trying to capture this, they don't hang around :)

Excellent in flight shot.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks folks.

Yes it was ISO 400.
            It was a big crop and there is noise. I've not tried any of the noise programmes - I assume they soften things a bit, but will have to give it a go.

I tried to stick with one bird and hope it came towards me, tracking til I thought I might have a shot. Newport Wetlands. Think I used the centre zone AF; not used that before.

Comment

That is amazing Hughbie.

I have tried on many occasions to capture one of these fast little demons and never got close to this ............ well done. I can stop a Peregrine in full stoop, but these wheel and jink every second, flitting from insect to insect on the wing, that I had almost given up hope of ever getting anything decent.

You have now given me the nudge to try again!

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin - praise from the Master!

I think the lightweight lens & extender helped with tracking, but then lost quality with the crop etc.

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                X