Barn Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn Owl

Barn Owl hunting from a fence post, taken in the Norfolk fens using car as a hide and resting the lens on a bean bag..

1DMK11 N 600F4 1.4XTC
    ISO 250
    EV -1/3
    Shutter 1/200
    Aperture F10

Re: Barn Owl

Male Barn Owl and lovely early morning light, it doesn't get much better than that, well done Anthony. A very sympathetic background and the fence post and wire is in keeping with the habits of the species.

F10 on a 600mm + 1.4x? That must have given you depth of field of around a foot!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Beautiful photo.

Comment

Beautifully atmospheric shot! You can almost feel that silken touch that Barn Owls have... Stunner; I'd be deliriously happy with that!
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks all....

Colin, it got a bit better about an hour later when another Barn Owl caught a Vole landed on a post and posed for me... I couldn't believe my luck, I'd been trying for that shot for a few years..

Comment

Beautiful image, with gorgeous light, I wish it were mine.
            Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
            Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony House View Post
              Thanks all....

Colin, it got a bit better about an hour later when another Barn Owl caught a Vole landed on a post and posed for me... I couldn't believe my luck, I'd been trying for that shot for a few years..
              Oooh, I hate you. I'm still trying for that shot.

Eric Hoskin got that shot and lost an eye during the process. He called it the Angel of Death and it is the best Barn Owl Shot I have ever seen.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Super shot! Did you have to wait long for the shot?
                Dave

Comment

It's more of a case of getting close Dave, sometimes they tolerate you being near sometimes they don't. Thankfully this bird was very approachable on many occasions and I had my best winter so far photographing Barn Owls...

Regards.
                  Tony

Comment

That's a beauty ......... can we see the one with the vole?
                    Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X