Is there no easier way to post photographs other than flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there no easier way to post photographs other than flicker

Is there no easier way to post photographs other than flicker.
    It looks so cumbersome and not very friendly,That It is keeping me from posting photographs.

Re: Is there no easier way to post photographs other than flicker

Flickr I pretty easy, all you need to do is upload the image to Flickr and then simply copy the BB code into your post here. Takes a minute or so maximum.
    But if you prefer you can simply use JPG's directly, all you need to do is make sure they meet the size criteria.
    Andy

Comment

agree with Andy - I presume you have a flickr account set up ? all you then do is copy the code
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I used to post jpegs which was right faff as I had to pass them through a compressor program first and only did so because I thought Flickr would be difficult. It isn't and, provided I don't try to upload too many at a time, is dependable.

In Flickr display the photo you want to share, click the share icon, ensure BBCode with size Medium 800 x n is specified, copy the link it provides and paste into your post. It takes longer to read than do!

Flickr also gives you access to your images using a Smartphone or tablet.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

As has been said, flickr is really easy but the really easiet way is to upload direct from your computer by clicking on the "insert image" icon, however that method degrades your image and what looks good on your hard drive will often look soft once uploaded

So flickr is the way to go

stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

If you have your own website hosting you can link to that. I resize mine to 800 x ... and then upload to my own hosting arrangement. I then img link in the post here.
            Andy
            Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
            EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
            [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
              If you have your own website hosting you can link to that. I resize mine to 800 x ... and then upload to my own hosting arrangement. I then img link in the post here.
              same here - time wise I would say flickr is quicker and easier as you don't need to resize or ftp the images, least with flickr you upload then just copy the code
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
              X