Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Interfit strobes?

Keep seeing kit like this:

Going for keen prices. Anyone had any experience of using them?
    EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

various flash guns & modifiers

Re: Anyone using Interfit strobes?

Hi Paul,

We have a couple of Interfit 300i heads that we have had for years at work for doing basic photography for our web site. They were originally bought with a Canon 350D – so it’s going back a while. They have always served us well. One thing though, the original Interfit Flash Wireless Transmitter always worked a treat on the 350D. When we upgraded to a 600D the transmitter would not fire the heads. It drives the guy using them mad. It still works on the old 350D and I bought my 6D in and it works fine with that. Interfit had no idea why it didn’t work. Just something to bear in mind if you want to use their wireless transmitter to fire the heads as it looks like you have a 600D. Having said that the latest Interfit transmitter may also work with a 600D – as I said ours is some years old.

Hope that helps

- Tony
    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Hmmm. That would be a problem. Did you try to use it in LiveView mode as I've noticed my flash triggers YG601 (?I think) only work in viewfinder mode.
      EOS 600d & EOS 6D

35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, Sigma 28-70 2.8, 18-55 kit lens (plus some lenses which I hire)

Comment

I'm guessing adaptors can be bought for these lights to use diffusers from other lighting companies?
        EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_Ekert View Post
          Hmmm. That would be a problem. Did you try to use it in LiveView mode as I've noticed my flash triggers YG601 (?I think) only work in viewfinder mode.
          We tried it every which way but couldn't get it to work.

- Tony
          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

The Interfit is a basic kit which was originally selling for £200 at the old Jessops. I bought the kit 3 or 4 years ago and it is fine for home studio use and for me as i only set up in limited space in the living room. It has no wireless flsh trigger built in though

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan, presumably the size of the soft box means full length shots are likely to have low levels of lighting towards the feet? what sort of fstop were you able to use?
              EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

The softbox is not that large so would probably not be big enough for full length shots, although i have never tried it, mainly used fof shots of the grandchildren and still life

what sort of fstop were you able to use
                the controls are quite basic, with the power going from min to max with no reference to stops

Stan

flickr

Comment

Ah okay. So guess work then really?
                  EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

So guess work then really?
                    to an extent, camera settings are usually manual, 1/160, f8, ISO 100 and the strobes around half to two thirds power. This is an example from the last portrait session i did with my grandson

stan

flickr

Comment

Nice catch light in the eyes. where abouts were the lights in relation to the subject. I can see one in his eyes off at about 45 degrees to subject, possibly a meter above his head and angled down on the head. Is it about 1.5 meters away from subject? What about the second light and is there a third?

F8 would be fine for me really. In fact it would be ideal. So I am guess that full power would be F11?
                      EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

I cant remember the exact positions now but softbox to left and umbrella to right both at 45 degrees and and probably no more that a metre and half away due to restricted space. There was originally a double catchlight in the eyes but one has been cloned out

Stan

flickr

Comment

Cool. Thank you, that's very helpful.
                          EOS 600d & EOS 6D

Comment

Working...
                          X