EOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon refurbished

Default Re: Canon refurbished

Is it the norm for all Canon refurbished items to have a 12 months warranty or does this depend on the seller. I note that some give a 90 day parts and labour warranty although the equipment is refurbished by Canon and brought up to Canon Standards!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Member*

I very much like the 70D - a very good camera at a sensible price.
    Last edited by briansquibb; 13-11-2014 at 22:25.
    ef-r

Member*

Picked up a Powershot G9 from the Canon refurbished site on E-bay a few years ago. Packaging was OK and everything was there but the camera had been splashed with a sugar laden liquid (a drink?) so there were sticky patches all over it and the lens cover blades were also sticky and didn't shut when it retracted.

Most disappointing - that one had either missed the checking process totally or had been glanced at in a darkened room late on a Friday afternoon.

It went back immediately and I got a full refund soon after, but have never tried refurbished again. Good to hear that other folks have had better experiences though.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by perklax View Post
    I've been looking at buying the 70D, but it is a bit pricey for my budget. Canon sells the refurbished body for $140 less. Has anybody bought refurbished from canon before? If so, what has your experience been? Just wanted to get some more opinions before I pulled the trigger on it. They seem to back their refurbished products, just wanted to get some more opinions.
    Basically it is the luck of the draw. Some members got cameras that were like new. And some cameras that lived a hard prior life.

I haven't but a mate did and he got a deal deal on a camera - can't remember which, but I know the price was attractive...

I do wonder how the refurbished models stack up price wise against the grey market now ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

The black market is the trade of illegal and/or stolen goods, And white market is the trade of legitimate goods But the gray market falls somewhere in between also the Gray market goods have no factory warranty, and receive no customer support from the legitimate importer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12