Nosediving Kite!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nosediving Kite!!!

Took this yesterday eveing and am so so cross I just missed his wing tip but thought you wuld like to see anyway.

Enjoy,

Re: Nosediving Kite!!!

I am jealous all I see at the moment are seaguls

Comment

Nonsense Nicki, there's loads of space!

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Colin
        how did you manage that?

Comment

Can't say ................. Secret!

Oh all right then:

Image> Canvas Size and add some space at the bottom of the canvas.
          Use the colour picker and paint some of the blue sky on the new space at the bottom.
          Use the clone tool to pick some blue above the new colour (there will be a faint line), set the mode to darken and opacity to 50%.
          Gently clone in over the new area of blue until there is no line and the fade looks about right - be carefull around the botton of the wing!
          Pick brush and set colour to the background blue immediately around the cut off wing and gently paint in blue to round off the wing to make it look natural.
          Make a selction of the last feather before the end of the wing and make it into a new layer.
          Transform and distort the feather slightly.
          Take a small cut out of the feather.
          Use the move tool to reposition the feather at the very end of the wing and adjust the angle so that it looks natural.
          Flatten the image.
          Make a selection of the bird and a new layer.
          Use levels to improve the exposure.
          Add a little hue and saturation.
          Sharpen.

Moving to the background layer:
          Levels to improve exposure.
          Filter> blur> Gaussian blue set at 1 pixel.
          Flatten image ........... job done!

If I was working on a full resolution image, there would have been adjustment layers, layer masks and many more layers, but this was just a bit of quick fun, to show Nicki what could be done to rescue an otherwise very good shot. It took about the same amount of time to do, as it has taken you to read this.

Hope it helped.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Brilliant absolutely brilliant, have copied and pasted it to try and have a go and thre annoyin thing was that I was only playing and shot it in JPEG Aghhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

Comment

That's OK Nicki, it's still a nice big file to work with. At least ten times the size of the web image.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Working...
              X