Photoshop CS6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop CS6

After watching loads of Gavin Hoey videos in which he uses photoshop CS6 to process his photographs I'd like to purchase this software, however after looking at the usual online auctions I was horrified to find out the different prices and different variations of this software, if it's so expensive is it miles better than Lightroom or can I do the same thing on Lightroom.

Sean.

Re: Photoshop CS6

I started out with LR but needed more features and control and PS offers that in abundance, but as you say at a premium - Have you checked out Elements? that offers a stripped down version of PS but at a 10th of the cost - Maybe download the a copy and see if it offers you the extra features you feel you need
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Have you looked at the photographers subscription on Adobe? For a reasonably cost effective monthly payment you can get Photoshop and Lightroom as well as all updates.
      I had Elements but moved across to this as I wanted to try Lightroom.

Get the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan, including Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom, to get the photo editing software and mobile apps you need.

Using Lightroom and Photoshop together works well and gives best of both worlds.
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Using Lightroom and Photoshop together works well and gives best of both worlds.
        it does Andy but I can never make my mind you should I do basic raw editing in LR then export over to PS for more advance editing so not needing bridge - I read several articles that say the basic editing features in LR mirror what bridge offer

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          it does Andy but I can never make my mind you should I do basic raw editing in LR then export over to PS for more advance editing so not needing bridge - I read several articles that say the basic editing features in LR mirror what bridge offer
          I start with LR as that seemed logical with its library and options to export to Photoshop.
          Then if I need any PS or other functions I go to PS via the export and back to LR. This means the files always end up in the library.
          Hope that makes sense.
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            I start with LR as that seemed logical with its library and options to export to Photoshop.
            Then if I need any PS or other functions I go to PS via the export and back to LR. This means the files always end up in the library.
            Hope that makes sense.
            yep, we are on the same page

Comment

I use aperture3 on the I.mac for my initial processing of the raw file and for storage of Raws at both ends of the process ,the finishing touches though I.e layering ,de-noise ,resizing and sharpening are all done in cs6 ,if I have a really bad image that needs more than normal adjustments though I,ll use p.s in total for the p.p

P.s getting really peed off with the spell checker tonight grrrrrrr

Comment

Once I get my hands on my new laptop I'm going to down load the free trial for both lightroom and cs6, gets to grips with it as much as I can inside a month and maybe that'll be the end it, thanks guys.

Sean.

Comment

it will take a month just for LR - PS CC is a massive program and I'm a couple of months into using it and still stuck with layers and masks, good luck

Comment

Thanks for the heads up mate, not what I really wanted to hear but it'll keep me quiet I suppose

Sean.

Comment

I'm only using Elements 10, and that's bewildering in conjunction with LR I think it's going to take me a good few months of using them to feel comfortable, as the options to edit etc are massive. You can understand why there is a whole industry in itself, Kelby etc that teach how to use these things.
                      I have decided against subscribing to CC myself as I don't think at the moment I need the horsepower of PS, and Elements is OK for me at the mo'. Because of this I've just gone for a stand-alone licence for LR. An option to bear in mind if you don't want ongoing costs of CC membership
                      1Ds II, 1D IIN, 1D II, 5D, 1V HS, 3, 14L II, 16-35L II, 24-70L, 35 f/2, 40 STM, 50L, 85L II, 100L Macro, 135L, 70-200L f/2.8 IS, 70-300​DO, 300L f/4, 1.4x II, 2x II, 580EX II, 430EX II, 270EX, MR-14EX

Comment

I use ZOOMBROWSER [ the Canon software you get on the disc when you buy your camera ] - Use this to store all your images and put into folders etc You can see the RAW Files within this to. PS is the full Monty but Elements 9 or up-wards will do everything you need at this point. Just import your Images you want to work on from ZOOMBROWSER into ELEMENTS _____ Easy and hope this helps ?

Ian - Pingdriver1952

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I'm still undecided what to buy, I suppose once I've got a new comp I'll finally make my mind up.

Sean.

Comment

I'm a recent convert to LR and CC paying for it monthly which makes it so much more attractive.

One of the best features for me anyway in CC is the ability now to flick between that Camera Raw.
                            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Working...
                            X