high tide on dee estuary weds 10th sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: high tide on dee estuary weds 10th sept

I will be hanging around the spot in the car park I took you to last time ,then probably wander as high tide approaches .i have my favourite spots

Comment

Ok then Nick and I are both coming, sandwiches and camera's at the ready. Hope its a great day for all of us. It should be. We plan to be there at approx, 9 am or so. Can you suggest a good spot Jeff, or are we talking about the spot where we stopped originally .. Cheers.

PS .. I guess it could be a wellies job ?.
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I trust it is not a wellies job. Don't have one after I downsized !I have invited "Jasper carrot" (his double) to join us as well!!!!! I too hope to be there around 9ish.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

we should be there for around 9 to 9.30 ,(passport control at the welsh border) hopefully we will be able to park in the car park and just walk down to where we saw the marsh harrier last time ,wellies not needed theres been virtually no rain for weeks now .i am going onto the welsh side talacre beach for tuesday mornings high tide so will have a rough idea by tomorrow how big a tide it will be (air pressure and wind) .

the car park does tend to get full very quickly on high tide days hence the early arrival time .

NOT one of my photos .but this gives a rough idea what i,m on about
          Birdwatchers at the Boathouse, Parkgate, Wirral by JD Sports Photography, John Davies, on Flickr
          Last edited by the black fox; 08-09-2014, 18:33.

Comment

todays high tide on the welsh side was looking good and with another six inches of height tomorrow it might well reach the wall .dont think we will have any wind driven surge though ,no promises but its usually worth going for ,it also seemed to keep rising well after the predicted times today which may be due to it being pushed along by winds in the atlantic .looking forward to it now and the weather is lovely over here

Comment

I hope it reaches the "wall" as I don't think I will venture out towards the marsh Harrier spot!!!
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

i most definitely wouldn't advise going onto the marsh at all nat ,it can be treacherous at best and extremely smelly should you get a shoe/boot full .if we can gather everyone together in good time i have a spot around a half mile walk along the shoreline that can be very good .there were quiet a few peeps in the car park today as i looked across from flint castle with my binoculars and you could see the glint of the glass reflecting from the lenses

anyway one from a very uneventful morning on the opposite side of the estuary this morning

winging the blues by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

oh i did see a seal to a couple of hundred yards out
                Last edited by the black fox; 09-09-2014, 15:41.

Comment

Nice shot. Looks better on flickr!

Comment

just had a snippet of info from one of my birding friends ,he saw a spoonbill on burton marsh today .BUT ALSO at burton mere wetlands (just down the road) there is at the moment a red necked phalarope ,lots of little egrets ,a great white egret ,a cattle egret as well as the marsh harriers .might be worth a afternoon convoy .any of those birds could come out of the reserve and over or in front of us ..jan the hawk eye has borrowed a good pair of binoculars to so we are all fired up here.

if you log into this site it gives up to date sightings from the whole area daily ,also features my photos regularly in newsletters etc .
                    A Birdwatching Guide to The Dee Estuary including descriptions of the prime birding sites and maps
                    Last edited by the black fox; 09-09-2014, 17:36.

Comment

Is there another opportunity of a high tide event in Hoylake in the Autumn which might bring in other sea birds? Also where did you get that Binoculars harness, which seems to sit quite well on you without interfering with a camera around your neck? Any links to the supplier will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nat
                      Last edited by Nathaniel; 12-09-2014, 20:25.

Comment

Working...
                      X