X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Understanding the Brief

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
    Colin,

Your passion for the HCT comes through loud and clear. Perhaps we, as a forum, should arrange a meeting there to show our support too. It would make a great day out with our cameras and to put a face to the forum members. We could even arrange to car share if it would help

WDYT??

Brian
    I am going on Sunday and the weather will be really good. For anyone that can make it at short notice, I will be there when it opens at 10:am and will head straight to the restaurant for my traditional mug of latte. From there, up to the hides before 11:00am for some wild bird shots and then down to the lower flying ground for the start of the 11:45am flying show.

If you can make it, make yourself known and we'll have some fun. If not, plenty of time to arrange something more formal for another time.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Understanding the brief ???

LOL …..Just for fun try this 3 step approach.

1. Take some naff, cringe-worthy, snaps and do a bad ‘PP job’ on them, then send them to your clients.
      2. When they don’t want to pay because they hate the pics, and they aint gonna use them.
      3. Get all defensive and claim you have some kind of unique style that the client hasn’t got the intellectual ability to appreciate !

Millie

Comment

I picked up my biggest client because their previous photographer took that approach, he also added not turning up on time and missing deadlines to the mix. They made it quite clear why I was being given a trial and I didn't step over the line.

The client stayed with me for nearly twenty years, until I gave up the business.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
          Understanding the brief ???

LOL …..Just for fun try this 3 step approach.

1. Take some naff, cringe-worthy, snaps and do a bad ‘PP job’ on them, then send them to your clients.
          2. When they don’t want to pay because they hate the pics, and they aint gonna use them.
          3. Get all defensive and claim you have some kind of unique style that the client hasn’t got the intellectual ability to appreciate !

Millie
          I try that with the forum members but dont get away with it
          ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
            I try that with the forum members but dont get away with it
            I'm saying nothing

Comment

Very good topic and I agree with Colin whole heartedly. I have spent most of my working life as a professional photographer and am now just getting to grips with becoming an amateur. Its such a great feeling to shoot things that appeal to oneself and do it in a style that pleases oneself with out input from client or pic editor. To take pictures in format that does not necessarily have to fit the format of a certain page. One the other hand it so much more difficult being a so called amateur. You always trying to please your self and not others but it as really put the fun back into photography for me. The only thing I find difficult after so much time..............do lenses really cost that much?

Comment

to shoot things that appeal to oneself and do it in a style that pleases oneself with out input from client or pic editor. To take pictures in format that does not necessarily have to fit the format of a certain page.
                Treff many would warmly welcome client input and prior warning of the format :-)

Trev

Comment

Working...
                X