Speedlite with Ringflash adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedlite with Ringflash adapter

I've just recently started using an Orbis ring flash adapter that I have had for a while. My reasoning was that it would be less prone to turning in to a sail than an umbrella or a soft box when being used outdoors.

So far I quite like the results out in the Chiltern hills

1408BWP43548_12590-Edit.jpg

1408BWP43510_12552-Edit.jpg

EOS 5D Mark III with Speedlite 600EX-RT off camera in the ring flash adapter and ST-E3-RT on camera
    I'm a user of all kinds of Canon equipment. I write articles for magazines, teach photographers & make photos
    www.p4pictures.com

Re: Speedlite with Ringflash adapter

My reasoning was that it would be less prone to turning in to a sail than an umbrella or a soft box when being used outdoors.

nice images Brian - I do like the pastel PP in the first one .... Oh welcome to the forum as well

Did you not find a loss of power using the ringflash ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Re: Speedlite with Ringflash adapter

Thanks Tigger

Yes there's always a loss of power when you put a modifier on the flash that diffuses the light. Given it was around sunset so not so bright I was using 1/200s at f/3.5 with ISO 320 for this and the ring flash is only just out of shot so not too much of a power concern. Pastel tones were done with Lightroom using the split toning feature.
      I'm a user of all kinds of Canon equipment. I write articles for magazines, teach photographers & make photos
      www.p4pictures.com

Comment

Working...
      X