Slide Copier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slide Copier

Since my Slide & Film copying printer died on me I've been thinking of getting a zoom slide duplicator that attaches to my DSLR ........like an Ohnar, Panagor or similar.
    Anyone had any experience with these?
    Maybe I should get a dedicated copier such as Plustek OpticFilm ?

thanks in advance, Phil
    Phil ....... Flickr

Re: Slide Copier

Remember these from film days but not had any experience with DSLR. Have a Plustek Opticfilm but so far only scanned negatives. Results are pretty good.

Example:

35 Year Old Negative Scan by tblake2007, on Flickr
    Last edited by antoeknee; 23-09-2014, 19:56.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Phil I used the Ohnar slide copier some years ago, I think they work best on full frame cameras and the focusing slide could be better, you need a constant light source for consistent results, I tried pointing at a flash gun but in the end settled for sitting outside on a bright day and pointing it up to the sky and having the camera tethered to a laptop using DPP it is much quicker than scanning or it was back then

Alan

Comment

Thanks for the reply antoeknee & Alan,
        I'm thinking that the Ohnar (or similar) is the way to go due to the faster scanning....somewhat cheaper too!
        The Plustek, although a good result, does seem a bit long winded!.......also I'm running windows 8, so need to think of compatability.

Phil
        Last edited by amphil007; 24-09-2014, 15:27.
        Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X