Loving Lightroom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving Lightroom!

I've been an Elements user but since subscribing to Adobe CC I've been using PS but also Lightroom a fair bit. The Anthony Morgantirganti videos have helped get to grips with it. I'm loving those sliders!!

Royal Opera House Black and White by tonyhawkins600,

on Flickr

- Tony
    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Re: Loving Lightroom!

same here Tony - I started out with LR and after wanting a little more features tried Elements but wasn't that impressed so paid the monthly fee and started using PS CC, although my skill level is VERY low

LR is such an easy program to use with everything laid out so well and flows well as you use the various editing tools, maybe one day I'll say the same about PS, but I really think 90% of my editing will be in LR and PS if the extra power is needed

And loving the ROH - the B&W conversion really suits this well
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      same here Tony - I started out with LR and after wanting a little more features tried Elements but wasn't that impressed so paid the monthly fee and started using PS CC, although my skill level is VERY low

LR is such an easy program to use with everything laid out so well and flows well as you use the various editing tools, maybe one day I'll say the same about PS, but I really think 90% of my editing will be in LR and PS if the extra power is needed

And loving the ROH - the B&W conversion really suits this well
      Cheers Ian.

Looking at Flickr you certainly have LR working for you!

I think I'll see myself doing more in LR and then using PS when I need to use layers. There are so many features in PS and so many ways of doing different things I don't think I'll ever master everything. The free video tutorials out there certainly help. Using LR in conjunction with PS is the way I'll pursue for now.

- Tony
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

I do most of my editing in LR, using the the Nik plugins to fine tune by BW conversions, & Elements 12 for layers work.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
          Cheers Ian.

Looking at Flickr you certainly have LR working for you!

I think I'll see myself doing more in LR and then using PS when I need to use layers. There are so many features in PS and so many ways of doing different things I don't think I'll ever master everything. The free video tutorials out there certainly help. Using LR in conjunction with PS is the way I'll pursue for now.

- Tony
          cheers I'm trying

I agree about all the features in PS and even just looking at the ones you'll think you need its hard going to learn, least for this old timer it is - I can see the benefits to layers as you have the chance to go back and tweak or remove something which you don't have in LR, but in LR its just so easy to start at the top and work down the options, but I'm paying for it, so I'm bloody going to learn LOL

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          I do most of my editing in LR, using the the Nik plugins to fine tune by BW conversions, & Elements 12 for layers work.

Tom
          The Nik plugins are extremely good Tom and I use Silver & HDR
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Yep I use silver, HDR and Analog Pro

Comment

I was an avid camera raw user until I signed up for the monthly rental of LR and PS. After studying many videos I can now see the benefit in using LR. It's a very intuitive tool and works seamlessly with LR. And with the latest CC version re editing in LR is so easy.
              Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hawkins View Post
                I've been an Elements user but since subscribing to Adobe CC I've been using PS but also Lightroom a fair bit. The Anthony Morganti videos have helped get to grips with it. I'm loving those sliders!!
                The Anthony Morganti videos really helped me out, and I feel much more confident with my workflow now.
                Looks like you've got to grips with it well, very nice conversion there.
                Andy

Comment

Working...
                X