Girona Street Drummers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girona Street Drummers

Our first full day in Girona we were wandering around the old town when we heard the sound of drumming coming closer. I knew a static image would not capture the energy - I just don't have the photographic skills to capture it all and do it justice so I shot this video instead. The quality of the shoot is pretty useless as I don't normally shoot video but I hope the energy and enjoyment of this street performance by this group of young people in Girona comes across.

Scott

500px flickr

Re: Girona Street Drummers

nice, they never do anything quietly LOL

I really must work out how to use the video mode one day
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian and yeah I have to agree with you there. Really enjoyed our visit to this part of Spain apart from the fact that everybody and their dog smokes which sometimes takes away the pleasure of outside dining.

To shoot video you need to enable Movie in Liveview mode (menu setting) then when in Liveview just press the OK button and your shooting HD. I don't have a clue about actually composing/framing video or how to process it properly but I discovered that Lightroom has some basic tweaks available in the Library module and I used that here to bump the exposure a bit.
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Originally posted by anderson.council View Post
        Thanks Ian and yeah I have to agree with you there. Really enjoyed our visit to this part of Spain apart from the fact that everybody and their dog smokes which sometimes takes away the pleasure of outside dining.
        I hoping to head that way next year, although right now can't make my mind up on trying Granada out - Smoking, eating & drinking goes hand in hand in Spain, although thankfully its banned inside bars & restaurants unless your the local plod

Cheers for the video tips - I've got to try it
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
        X