X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro Retina and Canon Pixma 7150 Colours

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice.

I recently downloaded Adobe LightRoom 5 from Amazon and am beginning to get to grips with it, and mostly liking it.

I'm using a 15" MacBook Pro Retina and I bought a new Canon Pixma MG 7150 printer to print A4 size on Canon Glossy Photo Paper.

The results I get are varied. After processing, the photos on screen look good, but the prints I get from the printer can be sometimes OK, sometimes lighter in tone, some colours not as expected.

I wouldn't expect the MacBook screen to need calibrated.
    So do I need to set a printer profile,... if so, how on the MacBook Pro? Where do I find the Pixma 7150 profile?

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Many thanks for reading this.

Re: MacBook Pro Retina and Canon Pixma 7150 Colours

Why wouldn't you expect the macbook pro screen to be needing calibrated. Its just like any other screen so try calibrating it to see if it helps which it most probably will
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I know of a few apple users that have calibrated their screens and it helped. I would try calibrating the screen first.
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Thank you 2Beers and Paul5604 for your thoughts.

I have now ordered a Datacolor Spyder4 PRO unit to calibrate the MacBook Pro screen, so hopefully that will help to sort out the colour difference between screen and prints.

To connect the printer, I originally linked the printer to my MacBook via the router. That worked fine, except that I then had no ICC profiles for Canon papers. The disk that came with the printer was Windows only! I ended up downloading the whole printer package from Canon and I installed just what I needed. Now I do have Canon printer / ICC profiles.

I am very much a novice at using Lightroom, so if you have any suggestion for the correct settings for best results in the printer module re: Colorsync or Managed by Canon printer, or the paper settings, I'd be pleased to hear them.

Thank you both again for your replies, and your time.

Comment

permajet do customised profiles for their papers (think the profiles are free)
          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
          X