Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one Used or New Canon 1DX

Which one should i buy?

I got an offer on Canon 1DX with 60,000 activation with 2 extra battery for £3300 bought in uk, only few months left on insurance and not sure if they would transfer it anyway or

One of the honk gong company based in u.k offering new with 3 year warranty for the same price.

Raj
    Last edited by rajjayaraj; 02-10-2014, 11:30.
    Raj
    Flickr

Re: Which one Used or New Canon 1DX

I think that if I was investing that sort of money I would want some warranty so for me it would be the new one.
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Agree I would go new
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I too would buy NEW. Go for the Hong Kong company!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I tell you though, it's not half dropped in price. I'd go new too.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Go to HDEW, I don't recommend people lightly plus a three year warrantee! I paid £4299 for mine from them. Highly satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Papathanassi View Post
              Go to HDEW, I don't recommend people lightly plus a three year warrantee! I paid £4299 for mine from them. Highly satisfied.
              I did phone them, but, unfortunately they are not anymore dealing with 1DX.
              Raj
              Flickr

Comment

If your going to consider grey then give DR a shot - I just looked and converting the display from euro's to sterling its coming out at £3700 - I've spent over 10k with them and they have always given me a great service and recently bought my 5Diii from them

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I went to a CPN event recently, and they were promoting a two-year interest-free deal on the 1DX. See: http://www.canon.co.uk/1dxifc/
                  WEX are also offering a two-year interest-free deal, with a £400 trade-in on selected bodies.
                  1Ds II, 1D IIN, 1D II, 5D, 1V HS, 3, 14L II, 16-35L II, 24-70L, 35 f/2, 40 STM, 50L, 85L II, 100L Macro, 135L, 70-200L f/2.8 IS, 70-300​DO, 300L f/4, 1.4x II, 2x II, 580EX II, 430EX II, 270EX, MR-14EX

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                    If your going to consider grey then give DR a shot - I just looked and converting the display from euro's to sterling its coming out at £3700 - I've spent over 10k with them and they have always given me a great service and recently bought my 5Diii from them
                    The company i was mailing and asking for is called Value basket, the warehouse based in Lankashire (local) and their price is £3285 and if quidco goes through then another £50 less saves for a spare battery (promises local 3 year warranty)
                    Raj
                    Flickr

Comment

I have nothing to trade in, sold most of my lens and camera and investing only what i am more likely be using in the future. Interest free is a good one but might be paying the full u.k price of around £4550. I now have the cash from all my sales and just looking option on cheaper one off payment with warranty.
                      Raj
                      Flickr

Comment

thats very cheap. I always assumed DR was one of the cheaper grey importers but they can't get anywhere near that price, although as I've been using them for years and know the service I would still consider them as an option, especially when you consider the price difference between new and 2nd hand is only £400, really nothing on a purchase of that value

Comment

Raj, I will not touch Value basket with a barge pole. So many negative comments and I have had a terrible experience with them; I paid money for my G15 to them and never got the item- always postponing their date of desptach. So in the end I got my bank to use their cash back service to get the money back to me, which they did. I finally bought mine via Panamoz; I am very satisfied with them. So, do not touch Value Basket at all.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nathaniel for the Heads up. I guess then the only cheap option now is DR unless someone know anywhere cheaper?
                            Raj
                            Flickr

Comment

What lenses you going to be using with this camera now that you've sold them?
                              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                              X