Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First wedding done

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
    IMHO it's a brave man or woman that does wedding photography, the risk of disappointing would be far too high for me to consider and it's not like you can go back the next week and do it again...
    oh you can but its not cheap - I did a wedding once and made a MASSIVE mistake when plugging the flash in and all the photos didn't sync up with the flash and due to a late winter wedding needed to use the flash for all the photos.

The outcome was just the bottom (2x2) showing and nothing on the top, you really can't imagine the look of total shock I had when the images came back and every photo was cut right across the middle, worse still it was the bottom part, but I did have some great photos of shoes. It was a big wedding as well 24 photos --- The studio had to pay for a dummy re run the next day
    Last edited by Tigger; 16-10-2014, 10:56.
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      oh you can but its not cheap - I did a wedding once and made a MASSIVE mistake when plugging the flash in and all the photos didn't sync up with the flash and due to a late winter wedding needed to use the flash for all the photos.

The outcome was just the bottom (2x2) showing and nothing on the top, you really can't imagine the look of total shock I had when the images came back and every photo was cut right across the middle, worse still it was the bottom part, but I did have some great photos of shoes. It was a big wedding as well 24 photos --- The studio had to pay for a dummy re run the next day
      Ouch :-(
      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

so does the photographer usually get a checklist of shots the bride and groom want to have taken or does the bride's mother and bride (and groom if allowed ) usually just drive the selection of shots on demand as the day goes on?
        I met with the bride and groom prior to the wedding and took along a checklist of shots that Nathaniel had kindly sent me where they ticked the shots that were the most important. This on the day made life easier as I could refer to the list to make sure I didn't miss any. The brides mother wanted a shot that wasn't on the list, which I said I was happy to take the shot but did it after I had all the group shots that the bride and groom had requested
        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
        Facebook
        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Actually, bringing it back on topic, my wife and I didn't use a photographer when we married (no cash for it) so does the photographer usually get a checklist of shots the bride and groom want to have taken or does the bride's mother and bride (and groom if allowed ) usually just drive the selection of shots on demand as the day goes on?
          The last two I have done, I got no prior meeting or consultation with them about shots they wanted or who anyone was. I just had to wing it, despite several attempts at trying to set this up.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
          X